This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Treadmill calibration fail

I know this is a know issue, and has been for a couple of months. I have been struggling with this on my 645 Music, and it seems to be getting worse.

With the latest update (end oktober/beginning november), my watch started to time out after about 1km, and gets stuck on the Garmin logo (rectangle thing) when i push any buttons. Anyone else had similar issues? I was fine with it not getting the calibration correctly, as I figured this issue would at some point be fixed, but with the complete breakdown of the whole system after 1km it seems a little useless.

Also, when I upload my calibrated data to Strava it only shows the uncalibrated distance, even though the distance in the Garmin Connect app shows the  calibrated one.

• I’m on 6.20.
    I do not experiense any freeze situations. Cant remember last time that happend.

I am struggeling with the calibration. I usually run intervals on the tredmill (5x800m, 200m slow/walk) and it seems to consistent think my speed is higher than it actually is. Yesterday I run 8km at even speed. My watch belived I run 12,5km.

It seems to me that a calibration will only apply a total length to your data, but not do anything about the measured data dor that trip.

As it is, all records will be based on the original measurements. and the uncalibrated data is sent to others, like Strava and Garmin.

It would have been so much better if a calibration change was . actually applied to the run/measurements. That would give mutch more useful/correct data and we would probably not have to go around deleting personal bests from garmin, strava endomondo.

About that.

Endomondo actually shows the calibrated length, while strava shows the measured length. It seems like strava do not have that extra field for the total length but always uses the measured length.

• Also, when I upload my calibrated data to Strava it only shows the uncalibrated distance, even though the distance in the Garmin Connect app shows the  calibrated one.

Me too - Strava seems to only accept the un-calibrated data and Strava won't let you edit the distance for an existing workout.   I guess its a Strava thing to make sure people dont enter fake workouts?

Lots of discussions, sample: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115000098930-Edit-Activity-time-and-distance

• After one of my latest runs it froze and started automatically resetting to factory settings. This was a pain, but resetting the settings for runs also made it more correct on the treadmill.