This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 645 Series Beta software version 6.36 Beta (activity saving issue)

645 - Download

645 Music - Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report. In the process of troubleshooting reported issues we may access information in your Garmin Connect account, such as your activity files. More information about Garmin's privacy
  • In the process of troubleshooting reported issues we may access information in your Garmin Connect account, such as your activity files. More information about Garmin's privacy policies can be found at: www.garmin.com/.../privacy-statement
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.36:

• Fix a lockup that could occur when saving an activity.
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where the device would error out when trying to sync a music playlist using Wi-Fi
  • Various CIQ improvements.
  • Various stability improvements.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 645M to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner645MBeta.zip. Click on the Beta folder. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's primary internal storage drive.
  3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, download and unzip Forerunner645MBeta.zip and click on the Public folder. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's primary internal storage drive. Disconnect the device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Hi,

Everything fine for me with 6.36 (battery cumsumption perfect, no hang when finishing an activity, etc ...) since ... three days ago.

In three days, two activity hang with blue triangle of the death. 15kms activity, hanging at km three ...

That the kind of thing which give me enough power to throw my watche on the floor and buy a suunto/polar/coros.

Nothing to do: rebooting, blue triangle. Just to wait about 15min and the *wouahou* the watche works again and allow me to follow my activity (and losing a lot of the trace).

Went back to 5.74 this morning. If I remember, this is the last without problem.

(but again, I prefer hang when saving my activity and find my activity saved on the reboot than hanging during the activity and lost almost everything ...)

(sorry for my poor English)

• I suggest you go back to 4.20. this is the best version

• Why don't you officially return to 4.20? With these new versions and beta versions you are only adding errors on errors. You don't know what to do since August. It's scandalous

• Snap! Had exactly the same experience on a charity 10k run this evening. I use the Stryd datafield but that was replaced by a timer after the watch rebooted. Not a big deal for this event but would be very annoying if it was a target race. Only reason I noticed is because it vibrated, probably lost ~300m of the run in the end.

• Former Member This beta was a step backward for me. The watch went from freezing after saving activities to restarting during activities. I've reverted to 4.20 and I will be considering the latest offerings from Polar and Suunto when I finally throw in the towel, maps and music be damned.

I use a Stryd Live foot pod for more accurate distance while trail running. The track from my most recent trail run shows me hanging out in one spot (at fixed elevation) for a while before magically jumping more than 3 miles. GPS and the altimeter must have dropped out while the pod kept providing distance. But after the watch recovered, the Garmin Running Power and Stryd Live Companion data fields recorded constant values for the remainder of the activity.

Here is the track: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4241003084

• since the beta was successful Garmin has released a new official version  now the clock does not just freeze when you save an activity but also during an activity. FlushedFlushedFlushedFlushed

• you mean 6.40 causing this now?