This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 645 Series Beta software version 6.36 Beta (activity saving issue)

645 - Download

645 Music - Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report. In the process of troubleshooting reported issues we may access information in your Garmin Connect account, such as your activity files. More information about Garmin's privacy
  • In the process of troubleshooting reported issues we may access information in your Garmin Connect account, such as your activity files. More information about Garmin's privacy policies can be found at: www.garmin.com/.../privacy-statement
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.36:

• Fix a lockup that could occur when saving an activity.
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where the device would error out when trying to sync a music playlist using Wi-Fi
  • Various CIQ improvements.
  • Various stability improvements.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 645M to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner645MBeta.zip. Click on the Beta folder. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's primary internal storage drive.
  3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, download and unzip Forerunner645MBeta.zip and click on the Public folder. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's primary internal storage drive. Disconnect the device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Wihoo! Thanks for trying to fix this issue.

• Installed this on my 645 (non-music) this morning, the watch hung after restarting with the blue triangle. I held in the power button a few times but it kept coming back to the blue triangle display. Thought it was bricked it so held in the power button again & connected it to my PC, this time it powered up to the normal charging screen and thankfully when I disconnected it went back to the watch face. Thought I'd post in case anyone else experiences the same thing. 

The watch is running 6.36 now so looks like the update worked but hopefully the hanging was just some sort of glitch as one hopes it was tested Slight smile

• Mine hung during update as well, showing the triangle. After re-connecting via USB, syncing to Garmin Express and disconnecting once again, the watch was back to the watch face.  I didn't press the power button. Now it is on 6.36.

• I dont have space on my watch, only 446kb available.. It it safe to remove old .FIT files from ``Activity´´ folder?

• Once you've synced your watch with GC, there's no problem. The watch is supposed to clean them up itself but doesn't. I've a calendar reminder to delete the old activities at the start of every month.

• My internal space was full even though I sync daily.. But I now removed FIT files for two months and have installed the BETA. Lets hope it works.

• beta versions are released to introduce new features to use at your own risk. it is shameful to release a beta version to correct a serious anomaly I spent real money to have a 100% working product and not to be a beta tester and at my expense. You should just be ashamed

• Mine also took VERY long time after rebooting, with the triangle ``freezed´´. But I didnt try to reset it, just plugged it into the computer and after a while it rebooted by it self and is now running 6.36.

• @Piero A beta is released to be tested by people who are willing to take the risk that not everything will work as expected. If the beta testers will not experience issues the beta will be upgrades to a normal update.

Let other people do the beta test and wait for the official update.

• La situazione con Garmin è tragicomica....è disarmante come non si rendano conto di come sia sbagliato proprio il metodo, l'intento. In genere fanno fare i beta tester senza dirlo. Ora lo dicono anche. Questa cosa potrebbe anche andare bene SE all'inizio avessero dato una release senza bug e aggiornamenti beta facoltativi ma cosí non è stato, l'aggiornamento precedente non era beta. Ma la release stabile precedente l'hanno bruciata? Perché non permettono di tornare a quella?

Poi noto che sono tornati a realizzare due versioni differenti per M e non M .

Secondo me non sanno più che pesci prendere, e la dimostrazione sta nel fatto che gli utenti che stanno testando la nuova beta trovano già difficoltà nella installazione.

Di sicuro non farò da cavia e aspetterò la release ufficiale e se anche quella avrà bachi restituirò l'orologio che fortunatamente ho acquistato su Amazon .