This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR645 weekly mileage keeps adding up and never resets

My FR645 Music doesn't reset the mileage counter at the start of the new week anymore and just keeps adding it week after week.

Everything was fine until sometime ago I transferred all my activity FIT files from FR645 to PC via USB cable and deleted the files from watch via USB MTP. After that weekly mileage started to accumulate and never resets automatically after week has passed. Now the activiy widget shows "This Week 270.0 km" though actually this is my last 3 weeks cumulative mileage. I can still reset it manually via History/ Options/ Delete All Activities but that is not the way I want it to be. 

This seems like a bug in the widget. I could probably reset my watch but I really don't want to do that because then I would need to configure all the stuff again including wallet. Otherwise all works OK.

Software version: 6.20
Activity tracking: Disabled

• Sorry for the late reply.  Mine does this as well and it is very annoying, I have even factory reset the watch without success. 

There is a workaround, you can go into the watch settings, system, format, and change the start of the week to another day, then change it back and it will display correctly on the watch face.  I have been doing this every week as there is no other solution for me.

• I had the same issue. Contacted Garmin support and they logged an issue for development which couldn't reproduce and fix the issue. Ended up replace the watch.

• This is a software bug issue and Garmin development is aware of the issue now. The problem is tricky, but hope we get a fix for this sooner or later.  This issue has reproduced also with some other Garmin models.

• The 6.70 update did not fix this for me

• Yes, it didn't. I suspect Garmin will not fix this issue for this model.

• So I finally got this working for my watch.  I did a factory reset last Sunday and did not connect the watch to Garmin Connect/Phone.  I went for a short run and the next day (I have Monday set as my first day) it reset!

I then connected to Garmin Connect/Phone but this time did not chose to enable Phisio TrueUp or to sync all activities.  Did all my running for the week and today it reset again.  Not sure if it was the factory reset being on fw 6.70, not enabling true up, or activity syncing but hope this helps someone else out there.

• I tried factory reset before and it didn't helped. I don't use Garmin Connect, but sync with wi-fi. May related to sync. But anyway, this should work with all functionalities.

• So this is broken again.  The only thing I did was download a connect iq data field, used for a day or 2 then deleted.  Now it will not reset weekly mileage anymore.

• Just an update on this.  I reached out to Garmin support and they were able to resolve the issue.  They had me connect the watch to my PC and delete the following folders (they suggested some folder corruption)

Activity, Debug, Text, Workouts, Settings, RemoteSW, and NewFiles

My watch has been resetting the mileage back to 0 for the last 2 weeks.  

• If you delete Text folder, then you have English language only.