This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 645 won't charge

I have been using my Garmin Forerunner 645 for about 4 months. This morning, when I tried to charge it, nothing happened. The battery was about 2%. I turned it off while connected to the cable and it still doesn't charge. I have blue/green triangle blinking alternately with the charging icon on the screen but it won't turn on and charge. What should I do?

Thanks,

Jose

• Hi Jose, have you tried  cleaning the charging contacts on the watch (alcohol wipe or similar)? 

• We would echo 's advice and clean the contacts on the watch and charger. If this does not work, try plugging into another power source and then hold the power button down for 10 seconds while plugged in. 

• I am having the same issue and none of your advice is working- where can I go to return my watch? I am EXTREMELY disappointed.

• I tried both suggestions and none of them worked. What should I do now?

• My Garmin does not work. It died a couple of months ago but I paid a lot of money for it. I need a change of watch. How do I proceed?

• I called support & after following a bunch of steps, the device was declared dead. Garmin will ship me a replacement device despite being out of warranty - kudos to Garmin, great service!

• Guess you're lucky you found a nice Rep to replace your watch.  My watch was working great one day and turned off the next.  After leaving it on the charger all weekend I got it to turn on, but won't charge past 1%.  Tried all the tips to no avail.  I've called twice and both Reps basically just said it's dead (what a waste of technology not being able to replace the battery).  They offered a "refurbished" replacement for $130, but not sure I want to spend money on something that may die in 6 months.  Really bites that you pay $400+ for a watch and it only lasts a couple years.  My old Garmin that my son is wearing is over 10 years old and going strong.  I'd go back to that if it wasn't so bulky!