This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can Forerunner 645 be used/switched between more than one user?

Hello,

Me and my wife are intrested in buying this device. As it quite expensive and we don´t need to use it at the same time is it possible to have multiple user settings

or is it by one other way easy to share this device between 2 users ?

Thanks / Jonas

• Unless you're looking for a multisport watch that supports swimming, why not consider the Forerunner 45, minus swimming and running dynamics the 45 has most fo the important features of the 645. Since the 45 is almost half the price you might be able to afford two of them.

• Did you ever get an answer?  I have the same multiuser question.

• Yes and NO.

It is not designed to have different users.

You would at least change gender, weight and height every time the user changes. The VOmax would never be correct.

If you just simply want to record activities (time and heart rate) indepentend of your individual performance it works.

• Yes, with some manual work and an understanding that some of the watch's functions stop being relevant. It's a bit more effort, but you can import your runs manually to whatever garmin account you want. 

• Using the Garmin Connect app it's not too difficult and takes about a minute. I share my son's watch while I'm waiting for the one I want to go on sale. It only takes a minute or so to do. (The music takes longer to resynch if that's an issue) 

Sync my son's watch with his phone over Bluetooth. 

Do a factory reset on the watch.

Connect the watch to Connect on my phone. Allow it to copy my settings over. Done.

Repeat to switch back.