This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issues with new update

So, clearly something is off with the new software update.  Has garmin acknowledged this or is there any information on when a fix is going to be deployed?  Having just purchased my 645 and having issues daily I am really regretting this purchased.  As if hearing that a new version was on the way already was frustrating enough I cannot even get this watch to consistently work.

• what are your issues? Mine seems to be working fine

• I have a 645M and 6.2 firmware and other than one oddity with a sync loop that drained the battery I haven't had any major issues. I jog 7 days a week and watch works fine. Battery drain seems a bit quicker but overall ok. What issues are you experiencing?

• My 645 has been freezing after every wireless sync since I got 6.2. Now it is also about nine minutes late wich I think is really weird for a GPS watch.

• I have a 645.  Same issue with freezing after saving an activity.  Started when updated to 5.9.  Came back after a few days on 6.20. 

Here's the important new news:

I CALLED CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND REPORTED THE PROBLEM.  THEY INDICATED IT IS A PRIORITY, BUT ONLY 24 OTHER PEOPLE HAD REPORTED THE ISSUE.  I TOLD THEM THERE WERE TONS OF COMMENTS ON THE FORUMS.  THEY SAID COMMENTS ON THE FORUMS DO NOT GET TO THE ENGINEERS.

GARMIN EMPLOYEES (like blake) MODERATE THE FORUMS.   BUT THEY DO NOT GET TO THE ENGINEERS EITHER.  TO GET THIS ADDRESSED, YOU NEED TO CALL (888) 442 -7646 AND TELL THEM ABOUT IT.

• Now when I make changes to the settings on the watch faces in the Connect app, they changes don't appear on my 645M.  That stopped with the last update. 

• Now it is also about nine minutes late wich I think is really weird for a GPS watch

I observed the freezing after/while saving an activity (might also do/try the sync behind the scenes). Did a soft reset (press "Light for 15 secs) and also observed my watch being a couple of minutes late. I repoduced this each time I had this kind of issue. Setting the time (via GPS) finally solved the issue.

You reproducibly run into the bug each time saving an activity. And while applying a workaround you run into the next bug.  This is super annoying and definitely needs to be fixed soon.

• I am having the same problem too... I closed the GCM App and made a soft reset of the watch with no success... and it is not saving the unlock key too... So strange cause it was working fine and now with no SW update the watch faces are broken...

• Same problem.  I called Garmin support and they had me email my Garmin folder from the watch.  No news on a patch, but I take it this is the first step.

• I did that around three weeks ago & then they came back & said they wanted to replace the watch! Passed on that option so hopefully you'll get a better outcome from them that will lead to a fix for all of us. However since reading about the workaround of using the back button to return to the watch face after saving an activity, I haven't had a single freeze.

• I didn´t had any freeze since I turned WIFI off. I think also if you save your workout and you are too close to your home then the BT could connect to your device at home and cause a freeze. So for me the reason for the freeze is, that at the same time when you save your Workout, the watch starts to upload to Garmin Connect either via WIFI or BT and this causes problems at the moment. So first save your Workout then switch back to your Watchface and then some minutes later upload to GC.