This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

645M Freeze after FW 6.20

In the morning I got software 6.20 for my 6.45M.

After the first sync over BT and mobile: FREEZE !!

Restart the clock. Now you can see how the battery power decreases 1% in every 3 minutes

Reset to defaults, same issue

• Posting here does nothing unfortunately, have you opened a case with Garmin Support? I've just send them an email asking for an update on the one I opened at the end of Aug! 

In the meantime using the back button to get back to the watchface after saving an activity has drastically reduced the number of times the watch has froze on me.

• yesterday using the back button it froze. 

• This is the issue. All these workarounds recommended here do not work. Factory resets, delete fit files, disable wifi sync, use back button, uninstall CIQ, doing a little dance before saving the an activity, etc. do not fix the problem. I tried them all, multiple times.

• We understand the impact that this issue is happening on users and we sincerely apologize for the headache and inconvenience. 

This issue has been difficult to track down the cause since there are numerous variables at play. We have been bring in customers' devices and are still working to have a permanent resolution as soon as possible. 

• Some users have provided steps that they use to reproduce this with 100% failure rates, and those steps have not resulted in a single failure in-house. Similarly, there have been devices that had this issue when customers were using them that stopped exhibiting the symptom when we brought them in. 

This has made it quite difficult to track down the exact cause(s) and is the reason for the delay in a solution. 

• Thank you for the update!

• Again, thanks. Please don't give up on this issue.

• Hi,

Have you tried reproducing the failure while being out of range of any WiFi and/or away from phone in combination with longer workouts?

• Then issue a rollback instead of ignoring the issue in public and leaving people in the dark for months on end. The lack of communication and length of time this is taking to fix is nothing short of disgraceful - I was even told by your CS that this issue was 'made up' by the community.

Its been over 2 months since this flawed version of firmware has been released, it is messing with peoples training schedules and races, and all we have seen is a post here and there from yourself which amounts to 'we are clueless and have zero idea what we did wrong, nor can we find the problem but in the mean time please keep using the same junk we pushed on you' - Absolute joke.

• Bonjour, ma montre 645 à jour logiciel 6.20 s'est encore bloquée aujourd'*** après activité et juste après enregistrement c'est déjà la troisième fois que ça arrive , obligé de l'éteindre et de la rallumer pour synchroniser avez-vous une solution ? Merci