This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

645M Freeze after FW 6.20

In the morning I got software 6.20 for my 6.45M.

After the first sync over BT and mobile: FREEZE !!

Restart the clock. Now you can see how the battery power decreases 1% in every 3 minutes

Reset to defaults, same issue

• True that.  (I reported this on both the Beta versions' feedback forms :(   )

Battery is also not what it was on 4.20.  (Worse with 6.20)

• We are actively investigating instances of freezing on the 645 series. Any users experiencing this would help us greatly by posting detailed information about what they are seeing. 

• Is this when saving an activity?
    • Only when syncing? 
    • Any CIQ watch faces or apps installed

Any details at all will aid us. 

• For myself, the watch froze perhaps 1 in 3 times when I selected 'Done' after saving an activity. I now use the back button to get back to the watchface which avoids the issue.

I don't use WiFi but Bluetooth for syncing.

Yes I have some apps & a watch face installed:

Watchface = CleanAnalogPlus

Apps = Hike2+, Simple Walk & dwMap

CIQ Fields = Race Screen, Peter's (Hi Vis) Pacer

Stryd Power

Stryd Zones

• For myself, always when finishing an activity. Clicking Done, or even "Resume Activity Later" have caused it.

CIQ data widgets=Run Power, Stryd Zones

Recently it hung in a sneaky way in that it appeared to show the time on the watch but the time was frozen.

• FR645 (no M), freezes when:

• Saving activity
    • Wifi or phone's bluetooth is usually in range (I run without phone, but in most cases I finish running outside of my house)
    • No CIQ apps or watch faces

Note: I haven't encountered the freezing issue after swimming, when phone is in the locker and therefore no BT in range. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it happed to me only after running (many times).

• 645 (no M) freezes after each run activity, after saving the workout and pressing "Done".  CIQ apps include: Stryd Zones and Stryd Power, using one of the factory watch faces.  No BT connections, not syncing when lockup.  4 small .fit files (632KB total size) in the Activity folder.

If it will help you diagnose the problem, I will send you my 645, when the next lockup occurs if you wish, but please send me an exchange 645 first, and pay return shipping costs to send my 645 back to you.

• Freezes about once per week (I've started emailing support each time so we both have a record of frequency) which is about every 6-10 runs
    • Always at the end of an activity after I press the done button
    • Has happened both with and without WIFI connection
    • When it freezes it shows frozen time, and the backlight stays on
    • Have Stryd power CIQ app installed
    • Deleted all other CIQ apps (watch face) - one freeze since
    • Recover by long press of top left button
  • It seems that Stryd can be a cause... That's why I suggested ppl to give as many details as possible... That’s can be ONE of many possible reasons... Any other Stryd users having freezes? Does anyone without Stryd having freezes?

• I havent Stryd and my watch freeze

• The freezes seem to have stopped for me. 

I was getting them at whenever I did not "wake up" my sensors before entering the run app. So now, I wake up all my sensors (heart rate, Garmin foot pod and Garmin running dynamics), make sure they have connected to the watch and only then start the running app. 

One more thing. Whenever my watch froze after a run, I could notice that the watch was sluggish during the run.