This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

645M Freeze after FW 6.20

In the morning I got software 6.20 for my 6.45M.

After the first sync over BT and mobile: FREEZE !!

Restart the clock. Now you can see how the battery power decreases 1% in every 3 minutes

Reset to defaults, same issue

• Raise an issue with Garmin support. The more tickets they have, the more seriously I hope they'll take it.

• Hi, i created ticked on garmin support. They sended me this manual:

Press & hold the left upper/power button for 30 seconds (soft reset) and then connect it to your computer.
    Now, let's see, via Garmin Express if there are any pending updates for the watch. Please follow
    the instructions below.
    1. Plug your device into your computer
    2. Open Garmin Express (can be downloaded at http://garmin.com/express)
    3. Ensure that your device is the device listed in the top bar
    4. On the Your Queue box, it will tell if a update is available
    5. If updates are found, please click Install/Install All

Next, I want you to remove 4 folders from the watch, please follow the instructions below.
    1. Plug your device into the computer
    2. Open the device's drive in your computer's File Explorer(PC) / Finder(Mac)
    3. Open the Garmin folder
    4. Delete the Activities, Monitor, NewFiles and RemoteSW folders
    5. Empty your computer's Recycling Bin(PC) / Trash Bin(Mac)
    6. Eject the device from your computer

Next, let the watch charge to 100%, wait for about another 5 minutes and then eject from the computer and
    restore the defaults on the watch.

I did steps by manual and i am waiting if it hepls.

• Same here. Waste of time. And $350. 

• Apparently deleting 10 MB worth of FIT files from Activities directory on the device fixed my problem. I have now successfuly saved around 5 activities without freezing the device. (it froze every other activity before that).

• As I suggested a month ago I would recommend that anyone having these freeze issues at least try deleting old FIT files. For the sake of a few minutes effort it may solve the issues you are experiencing. 

• Sorry, didn't work for me.  On Tuesday of last week, I deleted all existing (old) .fit files from my 645 (no M).  I ran on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, and the 645 froze after each of the runs after I saved the activity.

• Deleting old FIT files seemed to make things better for a while, but the freezing has returned. It's very hard to make a sure correlation vs causation determination.

• People who is having freezes should give more information like Language on the watch, CIQ data fields[if used), bottoms press sequence before freeze... anyway just say “my watch freezes” will not help to solve the problem

• Here, that's the same. After training and saving the data the watch freezes. Only the light button is working. Can only wait until battery is low to start it again. Can't do the mentioned soft reset (power button down).