This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

645M Freeze after FW 6.20

In the morning I got software 6.20 for my 6.45M.

After the first sync over BT and mobile: FREEZE !!

Restart the clock. Now you can see how the battery power decreases 1% in every 3 minutes

Reset to defaults, same issue

• I have a 645.  Same issue with freezing after saving an activity.  Started when updated to 5.9.  Came back after a few days on 6.20. 

Here's the important new news:

I CALLED CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND REPORTED THE PROBLEM.  THEY INDICATED IT IS A PRIORITY, BUT ONLY 24 OTHER PEOPLE HAD REPORTED THE ISSUE.  I TOLD THEM THERE WERE TONS OF COMMENTS ON THE FORUMS.  THEY SAID COMMENTS ON THE FORUMS DO NOT GET TO THE ENGINEERS.

GARMIN EMPLOYEES (like blake) MODERATE THE FORUMS.   BUT THEY DO NOT GET TO THE ENGINEERS EITHER.  TO GET THIS ADDRESSED, YOU NEED TO CALL (888) 442 -7646 AND TELL THEM ABOUT IT.

• sorry i mean every 3 minutes, my mistake

• Yesterday I made a threshold pace training so I warm-up for 10 min and then started 10 min theshold pace and 1 min rest... I noticed that when I was at 4:21/km the screen frozen at that speed for the entire lap... So when the last 5 sec beep started announcing the end of that lap the screen showed 4,31/km so I tryed to make a sprint to adjust... This “freezed screen” happened during the 3 phases of my workout... I have a 645M with FW 6.20, using in portuguese and this workout was from my TrainingPeaks... Anyone else experience the same?

• Rick, after reading your post I decided to log my case with Garmin support, did the chat option, explained the problem very briefly and said I already knew they were aware of this and just wanted to be added to the list.  The support rep said they had an open ticket and would add me to that ticket so I would be notified once its fixed --- I would encourage everyone else to do this as well, only took like 3 minutes total.

https://support.garmin.com

Enter your serial number and then start a chat session

• I was also added to this ticket this morning. 

Garmin are definitely aware of this issue from multiple users.

• Today I made a 14km run and I put my smartphone (iPhone 8) on an armband just to hear the AudioCues... I set to listen to Lap Pace each 1 minute... At my watch screen the Lap pace was 4:26/km and the audio cue said 4:38/km... That happened during all the run (this difference between Lap Pace on watch screen and audio cues)... I was running like "what's my pace Jesus?"and after finishing my workout I checked at GCM and It was a 14km with 4:37/km avg pace... So I was looking to my watch and thinking that I was faster than I was... I don't know if the Lap Pace screen refresh ratio is each 2 minutes or the watch screen is freezing, but this is SO bad....

• Sigh Garmin Support replied to say they wanted to replace the watch :( Not going to bother with that seeing as it never exhibited this behaviour before 5.9 & 6.2 arrived. Anyway I already had it replaced once for the sawtooth elevation graphs which made zero difference. Hopefully somebody else will get a better outcome.

• Garmin does not recognize that the problem is given by 5.90 and 6.30 and that with 4.20 there was no problem of freezing. he told me to send the watch for assistance  I will not send the watch because it is not a hardware problem but if they do not release an update that solves the problem I will return it to Amazon and I will return to Polar 

• Today I had my second freeze after firmware 6.2. Happened just after syncing 2 activities with my phone. It was the 2nd and 3rd activity for that day. Garmin, stop ‘breaking’ my perfectly working watch with these crappy firmware updates please. Feels like a beta product again now,

• To add my 2c: I had this problem consistently after every workout in 5.90 on my 645noM.
    Since the update to 6.20, it's only happened once (the day of the update) out of at least 15 workouts if not more.
    Don't know why, but I'll take it.