This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Massive battery drain

After last two updates are watch almost useless. The battery level drops 4% every hour, so that means i have to charge the watch every day.

I don't use any smart functions, just wrist HR and activity tracking (sleep, steps...). During run is battery consumption cca 10% per hour (GPS 1sec recording, external HR),

which seem to be OK. So i presume that the battery is good. I tried factory reset, get back to previous SW version, but nothing helps. Now i'm on 5.7 so at least the watch doesn't freeze

after the end of a session. Do you have any tips, what else could i try?

• From a full charge this morning, and one 55 minute run with music, I'm at 39% at 6pm.

Installing the latest SW right now - hope that makes a difference.

• I charged my 645M last friday before a trip... Monday I performed a 75 minutes run on a treadmill and the watch was with 40% so OK... Yesterday I fully charged again and made a 12km run in 55 min and the watch was with 40% so something is draining battery durring GPS activity.... And both runs without music or phone connection... another difference was that on GOS run I used my RDPOD and at the treadmill one i didnt use it

• I just made a test... FR 645M with FW 5.90 using GPS with  GLONASS, clear sky, no buildings around, no headphone connected, no music, no smartphone... Ony FR 645M and RD-POD... Started with 100% and after 55 min run I am with 75% battery... There are something wrong with GPS activities due to a 75 min run on a threadmill used like 5%... Please Blake take a look at this massive battery drain or it won.t be possible to run more than 4-5h

• Have you let it go to 0? My last 10% lasted crazy long relaticr to the first 10% I used.

• On one hike i lost 40% during first 2 hours, then watch froze so i had to use reset. Then again they worked as usual so they took about 10% per hour.

• Well just made another run with same conditions as described before... the only difference is that yesterday i used a structured workout and today i didnt... After 14.26km in 1:04:26 the battery drains from 91% to 69%... its TOO MUCH...

• Today another test with new FW 6.20 and after 1h interval workout (from TrainingPeaks) with same conditions above i got 30% batery drain (87% to 57%j so Garmin need to check this battery drain or it wont be possible to make long distance runs... Tomorrow i will try without RDPOD to see if something changes...

• I just experienced the same this morning. Came back from a 5k run and the watch went from 80% to 9% in about an hour. Looked like the watch was stuck in a WiFi sync loop and couldn’t be rebooted. Firmware 6.20. 

• Today another test... Went for a Fartlek (55min - 11.83km and it was a Structured Workout from TrainingPeaks) and only with the FR 645M... No music, no headphone, no smartphone, no RD-POD, no HRM-Run... Only the watch and I.... After 55min the battery drops from 100% to 81% do it's draining too much battery on GPS activity...

• Definitely seeing odd behaviour with 6.20 as well.

When in watch mode the backlight seems to stay on forever unless you turn it off (no timeout)

Also today after a run I had about 30% battery life, when I checked the time about an hour later he watch was completely drained and shut down.