This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

645M freezes after saving Workout (FW 5.90)

My 645M freezes after every workout just after saving it. Spotify continues to play, but the watch is completely locked. The workout however is saved correctly and can be synced after killing the watch and turning it back on.

Be careful with 5.90!!!

• I confirm. After each save the clock hangs up and no longer takes a keystroke. Light shines permanently and it drains the battery
  • This also started happening to me in the last days. After each workout is saved, the watch hangs, music still plays, but you have to turn it off and on again for it to become responsive again.

• I have the same issue with the no music version (FW 5.90). clock hangs up after saving an activity, light shines permanently and drains the battery

• As a suggestion, this can sometimes be caused by a corrupted file or by the device being short of memory.  

The instructions for deleting the FIT files are here support.garmin.com/.../ 

If that doesn't work, I would try resetting the device, which will delete a wider range of files like music and satellite data.  

• Maybe as a workaround, but this is clearly a firmware issue!! I will try deleting the files later today

• I removed all fit files and restarted the watch. And i didn't get a freeze this time! Thank you George, your Workaround seems to work!

• Same here, but it started to happen since I uploaded a custom workout to the watch 2 days ago.
    Before that, I didn't have any issue and I'm sure still on 5.70. I'm not sure if there is a correlation with the issue.

• Interesting. Same has happened to me since I uploaded a custom route. I’m on 5.73. I don’t really want to do a reset though, unless there’s no other option...

• I have had this issue ongoing with my 645M going on for months now. I am currently on 5.7 firmware. 
    -Typically I'll have a freeze when saving the run i've just completed. I know now to give the watch around 30 seconds without pressing any buttons and it will find some memory, and finish the saving process. 

-I have had occasional hangs while pressing the lap button in workouts, which is very annoying as I use this feature a lot to take splits of my workouts. 
    this is when I am just running, without using a pre-programmed workout.

-I also have had hangs when using pre-programmed workouts, for example my workout might have a section that is 15seconds on, and 15 seconds off, i have had the countdown start, but then skip a couple of beeps, and then not start the lap at the right place.