This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

speed and distance on threadmill way off

My Daughter got a 645 music and it has allways been close to the distance and speed measured on our Myrun threadmill but suddenly it has started to measure some crasy speed and distances ? 
like right now she ran 10 k on threadmill but watch measured allmost 19 km and some crasy speeds of 3m pr km (usually the watch is measuring something like 10.2 ) 
anyone got any idea whats wrong ? i cant find any settings that can be changed whatsoever 

and it doesnt seem to help doing the threadmill calibration,next run its wrong again

• Have the same case since 3 months.

Newest FW not solving that problem.

• I went ahead and purchased a Garmin footpod so I wouldn't have to deal with the treadmill being off and its been working ok since then but yesterday for the first time it was off a lot (20%) which is odd.

• Just made n Interval Training on threadmill using the new SW 6.40 and even if I know that IT is harder to detect and the right pace today was too way off...I warm-up at 10km/h (6min/km) and my watch recorded 4min/km (15km/h)... Then my reps of 4 minutes at 14km/h (4!17min/km) was recorded as 3:15min/km and recovery at 11km/h (5:30min/km) was recorded as 4:15min/km... something very bad is happening 

• Hi

After upgrading to SW 6.40 - still not ok: 21 km instead of 10 km

After factory reset 12,75 km instead of 11 km. Will see after 2nd training..

Unfortunately I didnt try to reset before upgrading.

• I brought this problem up with Garmin support who requested my watch files be sent to them which I did, 11 weeks later I am still waiting for a reply. NOT GOOD ENOUGH Garmin. We pay good money for a product that does not deliver what it is supposed to!! Time to lift your game and fix the problem.

• 2nd treadmill training after factory reset: 10,13km instead of 10km ! Almost perfect

• Why is Garmin doing nothing about this?  Silence from them.  My Fenix 5X used to be within a few hundredths over very long runs without foot pod.  Ever since an update months ago, the accelerometer just does not adjust after every calibration whether manually after a treadmill run, or after GPS on outside run.  So many forums on this, and nothing from Garmin.  Kind of ticking me off as I train for marathons on a treadmill as I live in a state that weather does not cooperate.

• My Fenix 5X is way off as well.  Used to be spot on without a footpod but since an update months ago it is way off.  The accelermeter just does not update even after manually calibrating watch after treadmill run, or after a GPS run outside.  Since I live in a snowy state, I train for marathons on a treadmill, so this feature is important and why I bought a Garmin.  So many forums on this problem and silence from Garmin.  Should be an easy fix as it worked great at one point....now it doesn't.  Come on Garmin, just fix it.

• I did a factory reset as well.  It will work for a run or two, but gets problem shows up again.