This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Podcast order

So I have hours and hours of podcasts which I want to listen to on my long runs.

I have loaded the first bunch onto the watch and playing one works well. The problem is that when in a play list they play in exactly the opposite order that you would expect or need. Meaning they play latest one first, or maybe it is alphabetical but backwards so ABC5 comes before ABC1, I am trying to listen to them in order, e.g. the 1,2,3 etc the watch only seems to want to play them 3,2,1

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them to play in the correct order or what I am doing wrong.

Any help?

Thank you!
  • well I just got off a chat with Garmin support.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the history of this watch but they confirmed there is no way to get the watch to play podcasts in order.

basically if you want to listen in order e.g. 1,2,3,4 you need to remember what the # you were just listening to and then manually go and select the next one and if you finish one and want to play the next one later you need to remember which episode you are on.

amazing that Garmin doesn't seem to support the most basic of functionality, just another example of how this watch is a wonderful idea but bordering on unusable due to a completely lack of engineering and design.

• I always empty my playlist, find a new album, and put it into the play list. Then when I run, play lists default to "random" playing. I hear the wrong '1st' song, then go in and change it to "not shuffle" go out and play something else, stop it, then go back to the play list and start it again...then the real first song plays.

Is there anyway to set play list to default to "not shuffle"?
  • I've been listening to an audiobook while running and the chapters play in order. Perhaps you can hack your podcasts to look like that?
  • Thanks robm for your comment, it gave me a hint to circumvent the problem.  So, the trick to play podcast in order is to change the tags with a mp3 tag editor :

• On a computer, open a mp3 tag editor (ex.: mp3tag v2.99 for Windows) (https://www.mp3tag.de/en/).
    • Change the "Genre" tag to "Audiobook"
    • Ensure the "Track" tag is set accordingly to the order you want to play the set of podcasts.
    • Transfer the podcast files to the watch with Garmin Express.