This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cracks on Forerunner 645 Music body

Hello garmin users,

I just wanted to highlight some issues I recently discovered on my black645M. I have it since March and had no issues till last week.

When I removed it after a run, the band detached itself and that's when I discovered that the body was cracked where the band pin inserts into the body of the watch
What's worse (if that's possible) is that after inspecting the entire body, I've found that the 3 other holes for the pin were also starting to crack.

I am very cautious with my watch that has never been shocked in any manner. I do switch bands sometimes (official garmin bands) and I'm always careful when doing so.
I don't understand how this piece can be so fragile after only 9 months of not so heavy use, I'm wearing it daily at work and I've been running with it only around 40 times (no swimming).

I've just returned it to the shop as it is still under warranty and I hope that Garmin won't make any trouble to replace it but I'm now afraid that such an expensive piece of gear may not last that long finally... My previous Vivoactive HR died after 9 months also but this time it was after a one sessions at a swimming pool so the water proofing was probably faulty that time.
I can't afford a Fenix Chronos that is full metal nor want to carry such a heavy watch, the F645M is the perfect size for me and has the functions I want in a watch...

I'm adding some pictures of the cracks so you can see what it looks like.

I've seen similar posts for other models but nothing so far for this watch. Has anyone faced that already? ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1431516.png ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1431517.jpg