This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WiFi Not Connecting

I have a new 645 Music with 3.7 firmware and it will not connect to my WiFi; I have seen some old posts about this but with no solutions or no solution that worked for me.

I have tried all sorts of things:
  • Turned off Wireless Security (i.e. open network no password)
  • Changed channels
  • Set it up using Garmin Connect
  • Set it up using the Watch its self
  • Factory reset and removed device from Garmin Connect and done all the above again
And none of them will have it connect to my router I am sat next to. I have other 2.4ghz devices connected to that router fine.

I get a mixture of errors when trying to connect:
  • "Connection Failed"
  • "Connection Failed - Error Code 0700"
  • "Transfer Failed"
I mostly get the first, a few times the second and once or twice the last, but never successful.

I enabled a hotspot on my mobile phone, and I got the same issues mostly except it did connect successfully once to it.

Anybody have any ideas?

(Incidentally maybe it thinks I am at the Earth's core and out of range of my router, being for every floor I ascend I descend 3).
  • And I have same problem with wi-fi. Problem persists in new firmware 3.7.
  • I have similar issues (and always have). I can connect to the Wifi network or hotspot when 'testing' the network via Connect Mobile, but then it disconnects. When searching via the watch itself it never connects to the networks, and often with the message
    • "Connection Failed - Error Code 0800"
    This failure seems to prevent me using the new Deezer functionality as i need wifi connectivity
    Any suggestions ?

• If you are not broadcasting your SSID, but sure you do so .. connecting the 645 to wifi won't work otherwise.
  • If you are not broadcasting your SSID, but sure you do so .. connecting the 645 to wifi won't work otherwise.

Definitely broadcasting it - i have other devices seeing and connected to the Wifi router
  • I own the Forerunner 645 since yesterday, FW 3.7. No problem yet with WiFi sync. But I had the same problem you mentioned with another Garmin I tested, Fenix 5S Plus with latest firmware. Had to try several times, sometimes it worked after that, sometimes it didn't, with error messages shown too.
  • I have had the same issues with wifi and tried everything above and more to no avail.However I now have Deezer.The wifi works everytime for Deezer,connects immediately and syncs at a reasonable speed.To sync it must be charging.
    I retried transfer of data from the watch when charging but same problem.I do not understand how it can connect and transfer with Deezer over wifi but not with an activity to garmin.It suggests to me the issue is solveable but no action seems to have been taken
  • Hi
    ????I got a Fenix 5 plus with the exact same problem, anyone who solved the problem? Thx!
  • Same problem with Vivoactive 3 Music bought yesterday - error code 0800. Any update Garmin? Have spoken to technicians on the phone and they don't seem to know what to do either. Hoping I don't need to return the watch? I love everything else about it.

• I also just bought vivoactive 3 music and have the same problem. Payed extra to be able to have music on it and then it doesn't work. That's nice..... 

• This is an old thread and hopefully you all got your issue with connectivity resolved but I didn't see a fix here...

I had the same issue when trying to connect to the WiFi directly on the 645M or through the Connect app (iPhone), simply couldn't connect with various error messages. Now I connected the 645M to the Mac and set up the WiFi connx through the Garmin Express app. Then it worked first time and I can now download my Spotify playlists. Hope it helps.