This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Silicon case

Has anyone found a silicone bumper case or something to protect the body? I need one I can slip on quick before climbing and playing ball hockey, but I can't seem to find one on either Amazon or eBay.
  • I do not see the point in having silicone case for a sports watch. First they look silly, you will instantly turn in a person wearing toy watch. You know it is ok to scratsh your watch. Those are like scars showing how manly you are :) ... OK, I am joking, rigt.

I have tested several cases on my wife's Vivomove HR. They are super ugly. Also it feels like if you hit the watch hard enough, silicone is too soft to protect from a hit, it will be torn away.
    But you should definitelly invest in buying several hardened glass screen protectors. Luckily glass size is the same as with Vivomove HR and Vivoactive and some other models.
    If you still want to have silicone bumper, try those made for 5S and 5S plus. Size is pretty close and they should fit.
  • I do not see the point in having silicone case for a sports watch. First they look silly, you will instantly turn in a person wearing toy watch. You know it is ok to scratsh your watch. Those are like scars showing how manly you are :) ... OK, I am joking, rigt.

I have tested several cases on my wife's Vivomove HR. They are super ugly. Also it feels like if you hit the watch hard enough, silicone is too soft to protect from a hit, it will be torn away.
    But you should definitelly invest in buying several hardened glass screen protectors. Luckily glass size is the same as with Vivomove HR and Vivoactive and some other models.
    If you still want to have silicone bumper, try those made for 5S and 5S plus. Size is pretty close and they should fit.

Tried the 5S, it does not fit.
    The silicon cover is almost compulsory in a public swimming pool, as sometimes metal watches are (rightly) forbidden to wear. I was once stopped by the pool management and they politely asked me to take the watch off. I was wearing another watch with the silicon cover on and they let me go.

As I said in the main post, it's not for everyday wearing. It's only to slip on during certain activities and off ight after.
  • Late reply, but I tried a 245 one and it fits perfectly

Like this