This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Constantly dropping connection with phone

Hi all - 645M is constantly dropping Bluetooth connection with Samsung Note 8 - had a 235 and it was great, rarely dropped - any hints/ tips/ settings on either phone or watch that might improve matters? Thanks, LS
  • I continue to have bluetooth disconnects with the iPhone X - multiple times a day. Usually turning off bluetooth and turning it back on (on the phone) solves the issue - until the next time.
  • I just started having the same problem with my LG Nexus 5 about a week ago. When I first got the watch it was fine, now it almost constantly connects and reconnects if my phone isn't directly on my person but still within range that it shouldn't have an issue being connected. It's to the point I would want to disconnect bluetooth all together.
  • My wife has bluetooth issues.

iPhone x with 645 music.

Has to manually connect in phone settings for the watch to be connected. Has to do this everyday.
  • I never had a problem with an old Samsung S4 but now I have a Samsung J5 & have to restart the phone all the time to connect with Vivoactive HR watch & Edge GPS Unit. I keep everything fully up to date & now I have an Edge 1030 that sometimes connects & very rarely does livetrack. Very annoying for such expensive products! Come on Garmin HQ!:(
  • Same problem. FR645M with iPhone XS, always drop and requires manual reconnect. yikes.
  • FR645M + Samsung Galaxy S7. Connection is dropped ever couple of days. Ranges from two days up to 14 days. Needs manual reconnect.
  • Same here for FR645M + Xiaomi Mi 9 SE.

• I found that every time i closed the app it disconnected and would not reconnect without fully repairing the phone and watch. what i ended up doing was shutting down my phone and the watch and turning them both back on.

• For all the Pixel 3XL owners out there: 

My Forerunner 645M looses connection with my Pixel 3XL every few days.

In order to restore connection, go into phone Bluetooth settings, forget the 645M watch. Restart both the phone and watch. Then set the watch manually in pair mode (hold left side middle button, then Settings>Phone>Pair Phone). Then open the Garmin connect app and select add device from the side menu. everything should flow like when you paired them for the first time. you'll have to re-confirm the basic settings and re-allow the watch to access all your information. 

If you try to pair the watch first in your phone's blue tooth settings, you'll get a connection error when you try to pair them in the connect app and the app won't find the watch. I'm not sure why, but restarting both the phone and watch are the key to a successful re-connect.  

• There seem to be a LOT of search results for the 645 loosing Bluetooth connectivity... it's still happening for me on my new Forerunner in Oct 2020 - and this is the first google result. The FAQ link above seems to be broken to me, perhaps correcting that would help folks? Any other updates on this specific model and bluetooth would be appreciated, since this thread indicates its 3 years old.