This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Pay Pin Code

since the update to 2.50 I have to enter the code every time I pay.
  • That's the idea isn't it? Or at least I think the manual says you have to enter it every time but once you've done it once, it stays authenticated for 1 hour before you need to enter it again?

I'd rather that than anybody be able to use my watch to buy what they want!
  • no i thought every 24 hours and before that it was like this. or if you deduct the clock then you have to enter the code every time

• You're right, its 24 hours. But the manual says this also:

TIP: After you successfully enter your passcode, you can make payments without a passcode for 24 hours while you continue to wear your watch. If you remove the watch from your wrist or disable heart rate monitoring, you must enter the passcode again before making a payment.

Could this be applying to you?
  • No sorry i had never disabled the heart rate monitoring.
  • Yup, same here, seems to ask for passcode every time now. Might be a bug I guess.
  • Every 24 hours or whenever you take the watch off. Also, I find if I enter the code twice in a row, now, it stays active.
  • I am on 2.50 and I only need to add the pin once every 24 hours (or if I take the watch off)
  • I have found the mistake, there is this blue circle and if you wait until you pay until it runs around then you do not have to authenticate with Pin every time. I hope you understand me because my English is not so good .....-))
  • I have to do it every time. Doesn't seem like the intended behaviour.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    You shouldn't have to enter the pin each time the wallet is access. As has been indicated, it should only be required once every 24 hours or when no heart rate is detected. This is something that we are investigating.

Would it be possible to get a GCM Timeline screenshot from someone that has to enter the pin code each time? Just to see that there were not heart rate interruptions during the day.

Edit: we are investigating this issue and we have added all users that reported they had to do this to the open ticket. I will post updates in this thread once there is new information/the issue is resolved. You will also likely receive an email from our Product Support team.