This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

it turned off for me

good evening i have a forerunner 45 while i was running it turned off completely while its battery was at 60% i have had it for 2.5 years

• I'm only on version 5.10 - my watch is on Automatic Updates - how do i force it to update to 5.4

• Please follow the Garmin Express instructions listed from THIS article. Let me know if you have any issues. You will need a computer and your charging cable.

• Yes, it's 5.40 version

• Same issue for me. FR45 turned off randomly around 15 mins into an interval session. It had 40% battery left. I'm based in the UK and currently on software 5.4. I would be happy to be contacted via email.

• 1 Egypt 

2 yes, I can provide email address 

3 yes you can

Nothing that my watch version is 5.4

• Hi - Just joined the forums. My Garmin 45 has also recently started cutting out mid activity (running). This is happening on most activities now in recent days. Sometimes it seems to be at the 3 mile mark. Today it was the 4 mile mark. I restart it then resume activity and it goes for a while longer before cutting out again. The amount of time it works for after the initial failure, before failing again, seems totally random. In all cases there has been plenty of battery life. I am on firmware v5.40 and have had the 45 for around 18months to 2yrs.

1) In what country are you located? UK

2) May we have permission to reach out to you via email? YES

3) May we, if necessary, have permission to view your Connect account? YES

• Same problem for me this past week! My watch is a year old. I have 5.40 on my watch. Please assist
    1) In what country are you located? USA
    2) May we have permission to reach out to you via email? YES
    3) May we, if necessary, have permission to view your Connect account? YES

• I have had this problem too over the last 3 months with my 45s turning off during an activity when the battery shows 3 bars. When I plug it in, it starts back up and shows charging from 3 bars, so battery isn't depleted. I have now given this watch to my sister and got myself a new 255s but would still like this issue resolved for my sister. The version is 5.40 and watch is 31 months old. I did contact garmin and sent videos showing the issue under Ref:22971887K1 on 7/10/2022 but was just sent a link saying ensure battery fully charged. I am happy to provide email address. I am based in the UK. 

• I have the same problem.

1. England

2 yes you can contact me by email

3 yes you can view my farming connect account 

• Hi!

Mine is doing the same. It’s 3 years old, has the latest update. I’m based in The Netherlands.

you can check my account and contact me by email.