This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 45s updated (but still says 5.10) not syncing over bluetooth (but is connected ok)

Hi,

Yesterday 24th Sept my partner's Garmin 45s received an update. 

After that happened the watch is  connected and receives notifications from the phone (e.g. strava kudos).

Unfortunately now it would not sync over bluetooth (sync workouts over cable still works)

During syncing in connect app the syncing arrows rotate, but the circle round the device icon does not start its journey round.

The Watch "About" menu reports 5.10 but given its been out so long I'm not sure it was that.

Its iOS 15.6.1 on an iPhone SE. 

I tried several things, neither worked:

1) removing it from phone/bluetooth and connect app and rediscover (twice)

2) factory reset, removed again from phone/bluetooth and connect app, rediscover.

3) removed/reinstalled connect app

Update: #3 looks like it worked, it just took several hours to sync.

Many thanks

• It looks like I have a similar issue. I've been trying to get my watch to connect but the app doesn't find it. If I go back on the watch it just get caught in a loop syncing. You last update gives me the impression I should just let it go on?

I tried everything before I saw your post, disconnect, turn on/off, etc - all the steps in the trouble shooter but the app can't find the watch. 

I am on 5.40 now though. 

• The thing that fixed it for me was step 3 then step 2 (I did them in parallel but timing meant that was the order in reality).  The factory reset was the last resort but it downloaded all the history again so everything was per before. This download took a long time. After 30 mins the device circle was approx 5% of the way round. We went out for three hours and it was done when we got back.

• Thanks. I'll try the factory reset next. Bit worrying but I hope that'll be it!

• Hah! It has found it! It is now syncing and I'll let it do it's thing now.

Thanks! You've been very helpful, much appreciated!