This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 45 reads double my actual heart rate when at rest

I am wearing both a Garmin and Fitbit, and most days the Garmin reads 2x my heart rate a few times per day when I am at rest.  Anyone else having that issue or know the cause?  I have replaced the watch and the same problem happens.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hello !

Please check out this article regarding inaccurate heart rate readings: The Heart Rate Sensor on My Garmin Watch is Not Accurate

If you review the tips and possible causes of an inaccurate reading, may I have permission to reach out to you via email so we can look further into what could be causing this?

• My Forerunner 35 also read double at times. Here is the scenario. I  am an older guy biking (and have the heart rate broadcast to my Garmin 800 Bike GPS).  My heart rate is fine and settles to about 90 bps as I get into a moderate cadence, then after half an hour I stop and rest for a brief 5 - 10 minute water break, then I start up again and my heart rate shows around 180 when I get into the same pace as before my stop. Happens about 20 % of the time.  Eventually after 15 minutes or so it drops back to around 90. I don't believe I am holding the bike grip any differently at startup.

• , feel free to contact me directly via email.  I tried everything but still am having issues.  It mostly occurs when I am at rest (e.g. at my desk)