This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 45 Series SW 3.90 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout). 

Change Log for both Forerunner 45 and Forerunner 45 Plus:

• Improved Bluetooth connection stability.
  • Is anyone else struggling to get activities to sync with their phone after this SW update? Since this update the watch refuses to send the activity details to the phone. The Bluetooth is obviously working because I am still getting the Push notifications from the phone (text messages, emails etc) but to get activities onto Garmin Connect I have had to connect the watch to my laptop with the cable.

• Yeah. I have the same issue. I got steps, hr, notifications, etc. But no activity synchronization. I'm not sure if the update was done tho. I guess it was done because I have everything set up for auto update. 

• BT sync is working for me, but no longer seems to happen automatically, as it used to. I have to open Garmin Connect on my phone, after which it syncs.

I continue to have issues with slow GPS lock, and the other day a strange one where time and distance were logged correctly, but my track as recorded on the map stopped a long way short of the actual finish. In other words Garmin recorded 11 km (which was correct for this route), but the chequered flag is at 8 km. I'd not seen that kind of error before.

• I had the same problem where not the entire track was recorded.

• Same with my device! I noticed slow GPS lock, 2-3 minutes (when it used to be 10-15 seconds) and unreliable track logging: distance is logged fine but the track coverage is about 20% of the real distance covered.

• when the next upgrade will take place ?

• Is there a way to downgrade to a usable firmware version ? Given the  GPS issues, watch is quite useless for me right now (only half tracks are recorded of  an 1 hour run, because gps sync takes so long) 

• What do you see in Settings -> About in the last screen? My watch says "CPE: Missing" despite multiple sync attempts and a hard reset.

• My watch shows "Aktuell", meaning up-to-date / latest.

• When connecting the cable, the watch doesn't automatically charge. Is anyone experiencing this? Tried several cables already but same result. Not sure if it's related to SW but have not experienced this from old SW versions.