This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How could I change an “incident” to a regular activity in Garmin app?

I was mountain biking these days and I fell off my bike. It was not a big deal, I just slipped and fell while riding quite slowly, but a few seconds later my watch started beeping and it detected an incident. I guess my heart rate got a bit off the charts...
I’d like to change that part of my ride from “incident” to a normal activity in the app so it wouldn’t totally destroy my whole tracking. Is that possible? It’s kinda like I’d like to tell the app the incident wasn’t really an incident...

• AFAIK Garmin offers no tools for this, so I think you'll have to export the file, edit it, delete the original and re-upload the edited file. I'm absolutely not an expert on the file formats, but after a similar incident – just a harder than usual stop on the road – I ended up with two files that I was able to patch together using the tools from GOTOES.

The TCX and GPX export formats are XML files so in principle they are the easiest to understand and edit. But with the GOTOES tools you might be able to edit the original FIT (binary) file, which I guess would preserve the most data. I've also seen mention of other FIT editors for Windows. Let us know if you try any of this and how you get on.