This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

information during training workout

hello,

i have a few questions regarding garmin forerunner 45 information during a custom workout.

let me give you an example (the text is not in english, but i will translate)

1 -  the training program is set to do a

- warm-up

- 1:30

- hearth-rate zone 4

2- after this information i'm getting this screen:

- zone 4 in the text (indicates what is the objective)

- current hearth-rate

- time of the step

but, how do i know in what zone am i? how to i know if i'm above or below? does the red and green upper bars do anything? they are not moving.

3- i'm also getting this screen very often (about 10 times on a 45m run)

- heart symbol and heart-rate 180

what does this mean? is this an alarm saying that my heart-rate is to high? if so, it's impossible, in this example my heart-rate was 69 (has you can see in the previous photo)

i'm i doing something wrong?

thanks

filipe bonito

• I'm not sure if it's available on the FR45, but try setting one of your data fields to HR zone. This you'll know which zone you're currently in.

• hi, the problem is that the data fields in the workout screen (photo 2) cannot be updated

• - heart symbol and heart-rate 180

what does this mean? is this an alarm saying that my heart-rate is to high? if so, it's impossible, in this example my heart-rate was 69 (has you can see in the previous photo)

Hi Filipe – yes, this looks like the heart rate alarm to me. In Garmin Connect, find the settings for your Forerunner 45, check "Sounds & Alerts > Abnormal Heart Rate Alert" (that's the English version, obviously), and turn it off or alter the value if you want to.

Some people on this forum say they have problems with heart rate readings from the FR45, so perhaps that's why you are getting this alert. Check you have version 3.20 of the software, and update if necessary using a USB cable and Garmin Express on a PC.

However, I'm puzzled about your target heart rate zone. Surely you cannot be in zone 4 at 69 beats per minute? I have a low maximum heart rate (because I'm old!) and still my zone 4 starts at 148 bpm.

i think that this is the combination of 2 bugs in the watch software, i manage to get the heart rate zones to work properly (i needed to overwrite the heart rate values in the configuration area, using the same numbers. it seams that garmin assign these values automatically)
    but another bug is that when i make a programmed workout with bpm zones, i don't get a zone information, i only get the heart rate information...

• Hi Felipe, I've exactly the same problem. Have you found how to solve it? 

• Hi, see my last answer