This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Warning triangle then loses steps

Hi, I bought my wife a 45s for christmas and it has been great but daily at random times a warning triangle shows on the watch face for a few seconds then the watch loses all steps for the day. Has any one else experienced  this and does any one know of a fix?. Thanks James.

• By "warning triangle", that's an indication the watched crashed and is rebooting.  First thing to do is to make sure the watch is running the latest firmware.  If it still happens, first try a hard reset/reboot by holing the upper left button until the watch turns itself off (15-20 seconds) and then back on.

If that doesn't help, try a factory reset (Settings>System>Reset)

• Many thanks, I will give that a try.

• I am presently having this problem with mine. I did not find the support response to be helpful. First of all, how would I know whether or not the watch is running the latest firmware? If I have to reboot or do a factory reset, won't that also cause information to be lost? What is recoverable?I thought it was perhaps due to a battery issue, but I am very conscientious about keeping it charged. For me it happens when I end a walking activity.

• I ended up ringing customer services and complaining. I then returned the oold watch and they sent a new one. The new one is better but still does it once in a while. Putting the app on a phone and not on a tablet seemed to help as well. Hope you find a solution.

• I have been having the same problem with my forerunner 45s. I have contacted Garmin via the chat facility but not received a solution to the problem,  they are still investigating.  I am now in contact with the company I purchased the watch from as it is under guarantee. Seems like a  common problem with is watch, very frustrating when it crashes at the end of an activity and fails to record steps and/or distance.

• Yes I have also had the same problem with this model! I can only say it must be a fault as my older garmin never ever did this! So frustrating as you say when you loose all your steps! There’s no way I’ll be keeping this . I’ll have to try a different model and hope it’s just a fault with this one! I contacted garmin lots of times over this and they didn’t get back to me other than say they’ll investigate it! For me this watch needs to discontinue as it’s not fair on customers 

• Well, I have a tiny, tiny wrist. Honestly I know many children under 10 who have bigger ones. So I hope they still continue to have a small format watch, and I have had it a year and still don't know how to do everything with it, so I think it's complicated enough.