This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 45 won't turn on

I was having trouble getting my FR45 to connect to iPhone (which I struggle with every time) so after trying everything else I thought maybe if I turn it completely off and then back on again it would connect.  So I shut it off, and now it won't turn back on again.  I had probably 50% of the battery left when I shut it off, and I've got it connect to the charger right now, but it still won't turn on.  

Any ideas?  Anyone else had this issue?

• I too deeply regret getting this device. However, battery life is extremely good as is GPS connection.

• I have the same problem today (phone disconnected so tried to turn off but I can't get it back on - won't have access to charger until tonight so hopefully that works).  Watch is brand new - have used it maybe 3 times after buying on NYE.  Given all the comments below it is evident there is a problem with this watch.  I didnt have the same problem with my forerunner 35.  I will probably try and return it.

• After doing this:

"I called Garmin Support and he had me hold down the power button for 30 seconds (watch did not turn on at this time), then let go, then plugged in the charging cable, and it booted back up.  Then we powered it back down, turned it back on, and finally it seemed back to normal."

The problem has not reoccurred and my connectivity (iOS) has been much better. I've powered cycled several times since then (just to save battery). Not saying it will not happen again, but it's not a frequent problem.

• The suggestion didn’t work for me, so then I just held down random buttons for 30 secs or so and it eventually powered back on. 

I was turned it off because of connection issues with app - happens at least once a day. Very disappointed with Garmin.

• Thanks just happened to my watch did what u said and it back on again 

• My wife was so frustrated trying get her older garmin watch connected that i bought her the 45. Every third or fourth run, she has the same issue you are describing. Garmin "GET IT TOGETHER"... this should be seamless. The newer products seem to have more connecting issues than my garmin products from 3+ years ago. 

• Thank you. This solution (pressing top and bottom L buttons) worked!  I agree, the frequent connection issues are annoying.  I’d like to stay with Garmin. Are any of the other models known to be more reliable in this area (such as the Instinct)?

• Same problems with my brand new Swim 2. Turned it off to try and connect/sync, would not turn back on. Battery charged, pushed every button combo without success. Walked away frustrated, came back in a couple of hrs. to find it working. As far as Bluetooth connection goes it's a crapshoot if it will work. Bluetooth Setting on iPhone says connected although Garmin Connect app most often indicates no connection. Sounds like a firmware update is in order, lots of issues for a moderately expensive item from a reputable company.....

• Thanks so much, my Garmin is now working

• I also tried this but my watch still doesn't want to turn back on. Anybody also experiencing this? Help please.