This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR45 does not reconnect to app

When I turn of the Bluetooth connection and back on (apart from the Hungarian text), or move out of range from the phone, it will not reconnect unless I close the app and start anew from desktop or select it from the app-browser icon (where you can also close it on android).

The app was updated last week, the FR is at 3.00, have Samsung A5.

I don't have the FR connected anymore as a separate BT device in the phone, because then I would have to close the app, delete the BT connection and do a pairing with pincode before the app would connect again.

Until 2 of days ago it worked fine.

• Great support response here. Just have to be patient I guess. When starting the app, it takes a while before the watch reconnects itself after losing the Phone.

• Same problem here in the Netherlands. I have to switch the watch off and on, only then it reconnects. 

• Just found out GPS/location needs to be enabled on the Phone all the time. I turned it off after using google Maps, thinking I wouldn't need it anymore, but then the FR refused to connect. Rebooted Phone and watch, killed the app several times, no go.

Just started doing a new connection and then it popped up it wanted Locations enabled (why? The FR has it's own GPS, just so I can Always find my Phone?? I can you call myself to hear it ringing...)

• My wife has got the same issue. She has iPhone 6 and whenever she moves a little bit too far away so that bluetooth connection is gone, once she comes back close enough to the phone the watch does not reconnect. I am not sure if this is either the phone (the app) or the watch problem, however it's quite frustrating. Recently she used to have the MiBand, which was working fine all the time, so I suppose it's not the iPhone(bluetooth) issue. I've got the FR735XT, which also works fine all the time (I mean it reconnects automatically). I hope eventually some Garmin's developer will fix that issue in the next comming watch update..

• I get exactly the same with FR45s and IPhone 6. It’s so annoying, never happened with my Fitbit 
  • Same problem here. iPhone SE

• Just tagging in here too. My wife has the same issue, iPhone X. Watch requires a reboot to pair again. 

• Happens to me daily.  As others have said, if I move out of Bluetooth range, it will often (but not always) fail to connect.  I have an iPhone 8.  When I notice the watch is no longer connected, here are my troubleshooting steps.  I work my way down the list until it finally decides to reconnect. 

1. Close and reopen the Garmin Connect app
    2. Turn Bluetooth off and then back on on the phone  (This most often fixes it, but not always)
    3. Turn Bluetooth off and back on on the watch
    4. Turn the watch completely off and back on
    5. Turn the phone completely off and back on

No idea why certain steps work and why sometimes they don't.  It's not like I am doing something different each time.  It's quite frustrating.

• Just to let you all know, my wife has changed recently the phone to an Android device (Samsung s10e) and all connection issues are gone now.