This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lost Calories

Ran 12 miles today. Garmin Connect shows calories burned of 1,054 for that run. However, the calorie details on the My Day screen only shows 319 "active" calories. Why are the calories burned during my run not included in the My Day "active" calories?   (My Day steps also does not include steps during my run.)

• The majority of calories you body burns are based on BMR - what's burned by your body just staying alive.  They aren't active calories - more like inactive calories.

• It depends on your weight and how long your run took to determine how many of the run calories are just staying alive. For instance, I weigh 155 and I burn about 80 calories per hour just living around the house. That includes sleep, watching TV and minor chores. If I did a run like that (assuming 2 hours for 12 miles), I would expect my active calories to be about 1054-160=894. I have Achilles tendinitis and can only do indoor cycling without pain. On one day that I did 61 min of moderate cycling at an average HR of 116, I burned 453 calories for the cycling and the days active calories was 599. If that level of exercise seems mild it's because I'm 74. It was a weekend day so I likely did some cleaning up around the house. This is with my new FR45.