This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hard reset forerunner 45

Can anybody tell me how to hard reset the Forerunner 45? Got it today, automatically updated and now it is in a boot loop. That is really very annoying, why is Garmin not checking their updates?

• First thing to try is to hold the light button (upper left) until the watch turns itself off (maybe 20 seconds) and then back on.

• This didn't work. I tried it with this method I have found for another Forerunner:

"Master Reset" - from Garmin Support Chat

Power off (press and hold Light, Yes on prompt)

Press and hold Start/Stop and Lap/Reset.

Press and hold Light (three buttons should now be pressed in)

After first beep, release Start/Stop.

After second beep, release Lap/Reset.

Release Light

Is there a way to prevent the automatic update?

• Well, at least for some hours, until the boot loop appeared again. I will observe it further and otherwise I have to return the watch.

• It seems also not that the update was the problem, but something with the Connect IQ-App, maybe some watchfaces. But why is the result a boot loop? Garmin has to update this.

• I was going to post that there is a problem with CIQ watchfaces causing this, and there is an open ticket.  (I know someone that had seen this and reported it) I've not published any of mine for the fr45 as there's another problem having to do with screen layout for CIQ watchfaces.

You can use GCM, the new Connect IQ phone app, or Garmin Express to remove them for now.

• Mine automatically updated and it’s been disconnecting/reconnecting randomly and frequently from the app. Very annoying! Wish they would fix it! I have a marathon in 2 weeks and use the live track for family to watch and it’s disconnected during this stopping the live track. Hopefully garmin actually looks at this forum! E-mailing then doesn’t seem to help!