This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to see the current battery level on a Forerunner 45?

I've looked in the manual but can't find the answer to this question.   It would be very helpful to know how long I've got before a charge is needed.

• On a couple of the native watchfaces, there's an icon for the battery, and the amount that's green looks like it give an indication of battery level

• Thank you for this.  I can see the icons but they only help a little bit.  Is it possible to get something that shows a percentage?

• Connect IQ Watch faces can show a percent, but there currently is a problem with them, in that at least mine don't position things quite right on the screen (it's been reported).

On this watch, the battery level is only changed each 20%.  So when fully charged it will show 100%, and the next will be 80%, then 60%, etc, unlike many other devices that show a more exact battery level (like 92%)

• Many thanks.  It looks like I will have to wait.

• Any update on this. I’ve just upgraded from vivoactive HR which showed a percentage on a certain watch face. I do find it useful as it lets you know if you need to charge before a run

• There's a battery indicator on the screen right before you start an activity, e.g. on the "Waiting for GPS" screen when doing a run. (I don't do any other kinds of activity, so can't speak for those.)

You can also see the battery status by long-pressing the left middle button, on the menu where you change your watch face.

• You can have it if you use a third-party watch face like XLarge (my favorite), Simple TDB, Simple Digital2 among many others. The truth is: the watch faces that come in the watch by default are not good.

• Is it still the case that the third party watch face apps can only show battery percentages in 20's?  100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%?     

Also, I see this watch face on the 245, is it not possible to get this onto the 45?  https://www.androidauthority.com/garmin-forerunner-245-music-review-984721/

I simply cannot understand why Garmin cannot make the battery indicator in percentage and not the "guess how much is left"-battery bar!!!

• I noticed recently that on one of my watch faces, a battery indicator appeared when it never has done before (the watch face that is 3rd one down in the menu). Excitedly I went into the watch faces to see if it was any others, and went back to the watch face I had before, and the indicator promptly disappeared. 

So it seems on some watch faces that the battery indicator comes and goes, others it is there permanently, and other not there at all. Fristratingly inconsistent.

• Hold the middle button on the left side and a battery level indicator comes up at the top of the menu (it has five bars and the watch needs a charge when just one bar remains).