This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion
  • Really amazing what Garmin is doing now at that price point! I've been playing around with the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active (also ~$200) and having TRUE running watch at that price is just killer.
  • yes, I agree, it looks really good. Seems to have nailed the basics. The only thing that niggles a bit is the 3 datafields per page, but i'd just put 2 pages and scroll between them I guess
  • yes, I agree, it looks really good. Seems to have nailed the basics. The only thing that niggles a bit is the 3 datafields per page, but i'd just put 2 pages and scroll between them I guess

I've played with one in person, and it's *really* small. If you put four datafields on the thing, it would be illegible when you're in motion. And it is REALLY light. I didn't see officially how many grams it was in the review, but holding it in my hands, it weighs almost nothing. It's a far cry from my Fenix, LOL. Garmin is going to sell a lot of these watches; I was honestly in disbelieve how small and compact it is.
  • rtperna The 45 series weighs 32 and 36 grams for the small and large respectively.

The decision to limit data fields across our devices is based on our desire to make sure any data fields you set are clearly visible and not frustrating.
  • rtperna

The 45 series weighs 32 and 36 grams for the small and large respectively.

The decision to limit data fields across our devices is based on our desire to make sure any data fields you set are clearly visible and not frustrating.

Hi,

I'm trying to make up my mind, whether I should buy a Forerunner 235 or the new 45 (large) - I'm favouring the 45, but what I like about the 235, is that the large screen display makes it very easy to read the characters. Is the screen display of 45 much smaller than the 235 ?

'Thank you' for any guidance.

• the screen isn´t much smaller (5mm), but the quality of the screen is much better on the 45 than on the 235! I think it´s easyer to read the characters you want to know.

• Can you have just one or two fields per page or is it set at 3?

• It can be set to one, two, or three.