This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why is my Forerunner taking so long to find satellites lately?

I have a Forerunner 25, which apparently is too old (4 years) to have its own section, so I use this forum, which appears to be the closet model.    Over the time I have had my Forerunner 25 it has usually found the satellites quickly (improved from my previous Garmin GPS).   But starting in mid-October it started taking minutes to find the satellites before I could begin my run.  It doesn't happen every time, but more often than not, I start my run before the GPS has found the satellites because I am tired of waiting.   This happened during a race this month where I was a pace-leader, so that was particularly aggravating.   This happens on sunny days as well as cloudy and only rarely have I travelled many miles from where I last used the GPS.   I suspect something in the firmware that was pushed to the GPS recently has screwed this up.   

Additionally after uploading this week’s runs to Garmin Connect, I see the cadence is a flat line at 162 steps per minute.  Why?   These problems make me wonder if I want to again buy a Garmin GPS when it comes time to replace this watch.