This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate is not picking up at all randomly

I am extremely disappointed in the product, it is not a cheap option and much cheaper options in other brands seem to work much better.

I have done a factory reset 3 times, due to other issues and am currently faced with an extremely frustrating and demoralising situation when I want to train my heart rate is not picked up.
I have read the tips for getting more accurate readings and these do not really apply and some are to be honest, ridiculous.

On numerous occasions the heart icon does not go solid and then you can just write off that training session. It is so hit and miss, sometimes works and sometimes does not.

Clean and dry your arm before putting on the device. (did this)
Avoid wearing sunscreen, lotion, and insect repellent under the device. (promoting skin cancer thanks for that)
Avoid scratching the heart rate sensor on the back of the device.
Wear the device above your wrist bone. The device should be snug but comfortable. (did this)
Wait until the icon is solid before starting your activity. (This is the problem as the heart icon does not go solid) (This is the problem it never goes solid when this issue occurs)
Warm up for 5 to 10 minutes and get a heart rate reading before starting your activity. (Do this)
NOTE: In cold environments, warm up indoors.
Rinse the device with fresh water after each workout. (Do this)
Additionally I have tried both arms, have no tattoos.