This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why does the Forerunner 35 continue to record distance in walk mode when sat still ?

I have an issue with the Forerunner 35 which Garmin havent replied to in a week. 

The forerunner 35 in Walk mode continues to record distance when sat still ? Why,? this leads to inaccurate distance being recorded.

It cannot be auto paused in walk mode , why not ?

How long if you manually pause in walk mode before it automatically saves the activity ?

I find the forerunner 35 is not walker friendly !

Michael 

• I use Run Mode for Walking  with Auto Pause Enabled - Later you can change it in Garmin Connect and Strava or Just Leave it As Run

Running is Fast Walking and Walking is Slow Running.

They don't have auto-pause in Walk because some people walk very slowly and it would cause many pauses during the walk.

If you walk faster than 4.5 km / hr use run or cardio.

Standard GPS is not precise and when you are standing still the GPS still sees some movement and it records this movement. (Zig-Zag)

Auto save is  10 minutes with a 30 second Warning  so 10.5 Minutes.

• Thanks Joe

I shall certainly try your suggestions and thanks for the information on the auto save timing.

I walk at around 5 to 6 km/hr so well above the suggested figure of 4.5km/hr

Rgds

Michael