This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help with FR35 anomalies

I recorded a treadmill run with a brand new FR35 today and something weird happened. The pace/distance were WILDLY different from the treadmill - this is likely fine as I have not entered a custom stride length* - but what is really strange is the readings in the "auto lap" were way different from what the total distance was showing - and were way more accurate. So for example, when the treadmill said I was at 1km, my watch was showing I had run over 2k at a pace of 4:35/km (I wish!) but I had not gotten an auto-lap indication (so at first I thought I had not set it properly). But then when my treadmill hit 1.11km, I got the 1km auto-lap alert, and showing 7:35/km which is way more accurate. By the end of the workout, my treadmill said I had run 3.35km at 7:29/km. The watch, on the other hand, said I had run 4.85km even though I only got 3 auto-lap alerts (which would be correct).

Any ideas why I am getting completely different numbers for the auto-lap and the workout at the exact same time? And how can I fix it?

*secondary question: I edited my distance in Connect to match the treadmill - will the FR35 learn my stride length if I do this each time, or do I need to manually measure and enter my stride length?

The other weird thing is sleep - when I first get up in the morning and sync my watch with the app, it shows one thing for sleep, but then when I sync later in the day, it shows I slept longer. It does this nearly every day, and I have been getting up at the set wake time. For example, this morning when I got up, it said I slept for 7.5 hours, but a few hours later, it said I slept for over 9 hours. 

Thanks in advance!

Top Replies

• I edited my distance in Connect to match the treadmill - will the FR35 learn my stride length if I do this each time, or do I need to manually measure and enter my stride length?

No, it…

All Replies

• I edited my distance in Connect to match the treadmill - will the FR35 learn my stride length if I do this each time, or do I need to manually measure and enter my stride length?

No, it won't learn by itself. Some later models have the indoor run calibration feature, but the FR35 is not one of them. What you can do instead is try several outdoor runs with GPS on. This should calibrate the indoor running pace algorithm to some degree.