This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Distance not accurate on Forerunner 35

I have a new - just over a month old Forerunner 35.   It was ok to start with, but in the last couple of weeks it has stopped tracking my runs properly, seriously under distancing them (yes i have double and treble checked that I'm not just kidding myself with how far I ran - these are runs that previously tracked ok and also I have run using a TomTom so I am confident of the actual distance).  The strange thing is the map show accurately where I have run, it's just is well off on the distance.  How can I fix this?  If I can't it makes the watch pointless.

Thanks in advance

• Make Sure that You get a Good GPS Fix before starting to Run. Is it Very Cloudy where you live ? Running Under Trees (Forest) ?

How far out Is It ?

You Could Try a Reset. After a Reset you need to Input all the Settings again and Acquire Sattelites to set Time and Date.

You could also return the Watch to Garmin Technical Department.

• Thank you. Will try a reset.

It's not very cloudy and not a covered route. 

• It's out by about 50m per Km. It doesn't sound much,but really adds up on longer runs. You end up running an extra half a km on a 10k run.
  • You can also try Auto Pause On

Accuracy can also be affected by Hills and Runs with  Lots of Turns.

• Unfortunately none of the above work. When I look on the map of the run, it has me cutting corners, by running through buildings. Any other ideas?

Thanks

• That's the Problem Right There, Bad GPS Fix due to Buildings.

Try To Get a Good GPS Fix Outside Before Starting the Run (Say 5 Minutes Minimum)

• Thank you. Will try that tomorrow 

• I have tried this on a couple of occasions, and it makes no difference.  Does that mean the watch is unusable in my area (I live in south west London and not near tall buildings)?  Is there anything else I can try?

• You could try to Sync  Using Garmin Express to get New GPS Data. It will load a new EPO.BIN file to the Watch.

Sync it a Few Times.

Maybe the Watch has a (Weak) GPS Receiver. You could visit a Garmin Service Center and explain the problem to them.

What are you checking it Against ? Car Speedometers are not Accurate at All.

Can you post a Fit File of your Latest Run.(Zipped Works)

• Thank you.  I have talked to the support centre and they have just offered the same solutions as you.

Previously I had a TomTom running watch that seemed very accurate.  I also checked it against several sites like this https://gb.mapometer.com/ 

Tom Tom also mapped it the same as the Nike running club App on my old I-phone.  

• I just wanted to thank you for all your help.  Garmin have exchanged the watch.  A new one is due today.  So hopefully it will work fine.

Best wishes