This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 35 Average Pace Problem

My daughter is a distance runner in high school and has had a Forerunner 35 for about a year. It was recommended by a teammate. It does not seem to be calculating her average pace correctly. She did not have it paired to her phone until just last weekend (an iPhone). On her morning workout today, it reported a 7:30 pace, but they were running recovery and it should have been much higher. Sometimes, it will work just fine, but sometimes it will show a very high or very low pace that is obviously inaccurate. It seems to be calculating distance properly, and time is just time, so pace should just be a calculation of that, right?  Any ideas? What are we doing wrong?

• Try Setting Auto Pause ON in the Running Profile.

• I could see that causing her pace to be higher than it should be since it would be recording time with no distance, but I'm not sure how that would make her pace lower than it should be.  She is getting frustrated and will probably be getting a 235 at Christmas, but I would like this one to work for her until then.

• All the Garmin Watches work pretty much the same. (The Expensive Ones Just have Better Cases and More Features)

Is the problem on Outdoor Running (GPS On) or Indoor Running (GPS OFF) ?

I have a FR35 and the Pace is Exactly Right on Outdoor Activities, Walking and Running and Cycling.

On Indoor Activities (Treadmill Waking or Running it's Pretty Poor as far as Pace and Distance go.)

You could Try a Reset in-case the Watch is a bit confused but then you have do do all the settings again.

• She always runs outside. I ordered her a 235. I might have her run with both for a while so i know if it is the watch or user error and then sell the 35 if it is not defective. I may try the reset first.