This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Corrupt FIT file (again)

Don't know why, but seem to be getting alot more corrupt FIT files on my wifes Forerunner 35.

I've tried to fix the file using using http://garmin.stevegordon.co.uk/ and it manages to recover the first half of the file, but sadly not all the file.

Is anyone able to try any other tools which might be able to recover the file please?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

hi again,

read this again ... forerunner-30-35 - corrupt-fit-file-forerunner-35

did you manage to get a case number ?

• no - anyone else here cares to repair this fit file please ?
    • yes - post it here please

my 2 cents

• the fr35 is not made for long activities
    • hence Garmin issueing a follow up FR30

happy & safe sporting

• Thanks for quick response. Sadly Garmin support is only available Mon-Friday, so I've managed to send them an email now and will follow up with a phone call on Monday.

I'll respond back when I get the case number.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to mbailey33

hi,

thank you for the feedback

• am really sorry for not posting the repair
    • blame Garmin for not taking responsibility on their part
    • am practically sure you will not get a case number, but who knows Wink
    • please report back with or without case number

happy & safe sporting

• No problem, completely understand your position. It's very frustrating that Garmin's won't take ownership of the problem.

I assume this is the tool you use? https://www.fitfilerepairtool.info/buy-a-license/

Just need to decide if it's worth spending £32 on a license.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to mbailey33

thx

yep, more should be calling Garmin Support Slight smile

yes that is the tool, in 99% of the "FR35 cases" it repairs without additional action needed

or wait for ...

• someone else doing the repair
    • case number
    • what monday brings

happy & safe sporting

• I got a response back from Garmin today from my question:

---

Hi,

Our apologies about the delay in replying. We are currently experiencing high volumes and are working our hardest to answer as soon as possible.

Unfortunately we cannot fix this, there is however 3rd party sites that have programmes called 'fit file fixers' that may help DE corrupt this for you as you have discoverer. The only way you can prevent this from happening again is to reset the device.

Please see the following  in regards to resetting the device.

Select Settings > System > Restore Defaults > Yes.

After you have reset the unit, leave the device outside or in a windowsill (stationary) with a clear view of the sky for 30 minutes to acquire satellite data and the correct date and time. Finally re sync the device to your phone.

Kind regards,

Garmin Europe
  • The only way you can prevent this from happening again is to reset the device.

That is one way. But I would start with periodically cleaning out your \Garmin\Activity folder on your device.

• Clean Out \Garmin\Activity folder Completely to maximize free Memory before Starting the Long Runs and Also Don't Press Buttons a Lot During Activity. Use Auto Pause.  I looked at a Few Corrupt Files and Users are Pressing Pause Button a Lot Specially  Towards the End of the Marathon. Pressing Pause causes the Watch to Do A lot of Work  Writing Data etc etc. This can cause the Tiny Processor to Max Out and Write a Corrupt Record Specially if the Button is Pressed a Few Times in Quick Succession. I managed to Freeze my FR35 Doing This.