This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Steps and distance not accurate on Forerunner 35

For a few weeks now my steps and distance are not accurate on both my Forerunner 35's (I have two, one since 2018, one since last December). For example, I ran 21,7 km this morning, I uploaded this to Garmin Connect, no problem there. However, on the watch itself, on the steps screen it showed 21523 steps but only 18,3 km distance. In Garmin connect it showed, 17835 steps, but my 21,7 km run was normally uploaded. Since I've had this problem for a few weeks now I decided to reset my watch (the newest one) and see wat would happen. Now my watch shows the 17835 steps and 18,3 km on the steps screen but only because I think it gets his info from the connect app. (true up)

Why is it not recording the other 3,4 km? It seems that every time it's the same amount that is missing. Even the steps I make during the day are not fully uploaded to the connect app. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Thanks in advance.

• I have had the same problem.  My watch is recently new.  on a 5.5km run it is only tracking 5.1km.  When I look on the map, it seems to have the run tracked properly.  Also the step count is well out.  makes the watch rather useless.  Any help out here please?

• I have just been on to their help desk and they have suggested trying:

Then please try the following if you have a computer -

1. Plug the watch into a computer
    2. Locate the drive for the watch
      • Mac: Found in the Finder under Devices, usually labelled Garmin or the device name (Example: Fenix 5)
      • Windows: Found under This PC on Windows 10, usually labelled with the device name (Example: Fenix 5)
    3. Open the drive
    4. Open the Garmin folder
    5. Locate and delete the RemoteSW folder
      • Mac: Empty the Trash on your computer after deleting the RemoteSW folder
    6. Safely disconnect the watch from the computer
    7. Allow the watch to return to the watch face/time
      Note: Power on the watch if needed
    8. Plug the watch back in to the computer, and sync with Garmin Express
  • Thanks, I will definitely try this. Thumbsup tone1

• The distance uploaded to Garmin Connect Activity is calculated by GPS and is the most accurate.

The Distance on Steps Screen is calculated by number of strides * Average Stride Length.

If you use the Watch for Walking and Running the Stride Length will be Inaccurate. If different People Use the same watch the Stride Length will Also be Inaccurate. (Indicative). The Steps Screen is More to Measure your Steps and Less to Measure Distance.

Cycling Distance is Also Added to the Steps Screen.