This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 30 giving electric shocks to wrist and hand

Hi all

Just bought a Forerunner 30 last week and tried it out for the first time this morning. A few minutes into my run I started getting little electric shocks around my wrist, which gradually grew harder and went into my hand (at about 20-30 second intervals).

Is this a known design flaw/defect? I can't seem to find any other mentions for this particular model (though someone has mentioned it for the 245 on this forum).

Regards

Ernst

• I have a 645M and very occasionally I will feel a brief, faint buzz on my wrist, just underneath the watch. And it's not the vibration alert -- this happens even when nothing else is occurring. It's not unpleasant or harmful, so i'm not worried about it, but out of curiosity I decided to look for the reason and ended up here.

• So strange. Garmin told me it was probably due to my apparently over-sensitive skin reacting with the wristband and ended up giving me an upgrade. Great service and minimal fuss. But not sure on the explanation.

• Ha! I'm not convinced by the explanation either, but I'm glad they gave you good service. And thanks for responding to me so quickly.

• It seems to me that something is wrong with your watch because it should not be electrocuted while running. My watch shocks me only during the alarm clock. And after a couple of days, I jumped out of bed 10 minutes before the wake-up call. Of course, who wants to get an electric shock, or even all three. The application settings allow you to lock the alarm clock so that it will shock and beep until the person gets up (determined using a gyroscope). This is a real working device, the efficiency of which is higher than any other alarm clock with explosion-proof LED flood lights. Of course, the solution is extreme, but what if there is simply no other way out?