This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Goal alert multiple times per day on Forerunner 35

Anyone had it where their Forerunner 35 lights up and plays the "GOAL!!" animation several times in a given day?

Mine has, and it seems to be an intermittent problem. It happens some days but not others. When I check my step count, generally, I have not yet hit it. This has been going on for maybe the past couple months. My watch is about 8 months old.

Thanks!

• Normally, the step goal notification can occur several times a day, whenever you hit a multiple of your step goal. For example, if your daily step goal is 5000, then you will see the notification after reaching 5000, then another one after 10000, and another after 15000.

• tmk2, thanks for the reply. I have seen that in the past when I've been unusually active in a given day. I can tell you that’s definitely not the case with the situation that I'm describing.

I’m thinking I’ve encountered a bug of some sort. 

• So, I finally managed to snag photo documentation of what I'm seeing... See below two photos.

I got the "GOAL x2" animation which made no sense given how much I had walked during that day... See step count on the device. 6623 of 8090. By # of steps, I haven't even made GOAL x1!

Goal x26623/8090 Steps

The device still works OK, otherwise... Guessing this won't get fixed, given that this model was released in 2016, if I'm recalling correctly. Running version 3.50 on my Forerunner 35.

• This is really weird. My wife has been using the FR35 for over a year and we never saw anything like this. The only suggestion I can make is as follows:

1. Try rebooting the watch.

2. Make sure your goal is set to auto in BOTH Garmin Connect mobile app and in Garmin Connect web site.

• Both were set to auto-goal. (See below) I don't regularly power off/on my watch unless there's a reason to... (Because I'll have my watch off for a while, or unless there's an issue. This might only be once every few weeks.

On a side note, I did experience a strange issue a few weeks ago where my watch's step count logging was frozen, and it wasn't logging heartbeat or sleep data. Oddly enough, it would still record Activities, like running. This went on for 2 days until I realized what was happening and then rebooted the watch. That solved that problem.

I will continue observing this.. I don't expect this issue to go away after just rebooting the watch.

• That is not a steps goal its a time goal

Your time spent participating in moderate to vigorous activities.

• 7700471, a few days after my last post, that thought occurred to me... that maybe it's the activity time counter.. I was waiting until I trip the counter at 1x, 2x, or 3x alert to confirm.. Thanks.

• Confirmed... It's the "Intensity Minutes" goal of 150 minutes per week that I was hitting: 1x, 2x, 3x.

Thanks 7700471!

• Thank you for solving this mystery! I was worried my watch was malfunctioning Blush