This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bands

My watch isn’t 6 months old yet but the wrist bands are ‘splitting’ ie where the bands are screwed on to the face there is separation. Is this normal? It’s not a botched replacement as I haven’t tried to replace them or anything or the sort.

• Unfortunately, the FR35 strap has a design/manufacturing flaw which results in the silicone band separating from the plastic part that is screwed to the watch. Search the forum for more similar reports. My FR35 had exactly that happen after about 6 months as well. I contacted Garmin Support and they sent me a replacement strap. Will see how long will that one last. Alternatlively you can try to fix it yourself by using a superglue, but as I found out, it might not be that easy to make a permanent and lasting fix.

If the new strap fails as well, I'm considering buying a 3rd party replacement strap. Perhaps non-garmin straps will be more durable.

• Thanks hey! I’ll contact support. If all else fails I guess I’ll have to go for 3rd party straps. I hope it’s something they can sort out in manufacturing though - the watch is great but i reckon it shouldn't become normal to HAVE TO spend extra money on 3rd party straps 

• I hope it’s something they can sort out in manufacturing

Well, since the FR35 has been around for a couple of years now, and is probably due for retirement, I would not expect any manufacturing changes to happen. Anyone who already has the FR35 will have to live with that. Hopefuly Garmin has learnt something, and next models will have better design.