This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 25 lapping at 1.61 miles and not 1 mile

I've had my FR25 for over 2 years and all of a sudden it is lapping (with auto lap) at 1.61 miles. Everything is set to miles not metric. I have tried resetting/complete reset/ turning auto lap off (sync then turn back on)/ every combination, but it is still auto lapping at 1.61 miles. This would make sense if auto lap was set to metric and lapping at 1.61km but that is not the case. its 1.61 miles every time...... any help???

• every combination, but it is still auto lapping at 1.61 miles. This would make sense if auto lap was set to metric and lapping at 1.61km but that is not the case. its 1.61 miles every time...... any help???

• Mine has started doing the same thing.  A solution would be nice!

• Mines started doing the same thing for some strange reason, thought it was just me....bloody annoying!!

• Thanks Cindy, hope it worked for you. I also contacted Garmin and they told me to login to Garmin Connect on a computer, click on my profile (top right) and change the unit of measure to Statute UK and resync the watch. Ran last night and the auto lap is back at 1.0 mile. Cheers.

• Same here, occurred at the same time on same FR25 device.  Sounds like they sent a bad software update if it is happening to all of us.  Exact same problem, 1.61 mile laps instead of the set 1 mile.  I've given up on mine to show 1 mile laps while running, but I found that when the data is exported to Strava, all the laps show in one mile increments, so I can still see my mile splits, just not in real time.

• Mines working correctly again now Jeff. It didn't appear to be the watch, it seemed to be Garmin Connect. Logged into Garmin Connect online, changed unit of measure in my profile from statute to statute uk, re-synced watch. Then changed unit of measure from miles to km, re-sync again and then turn watch off. Turn on again, change unit of measure back to miles, resync again and then seamed to ok for 1 run but after uploading run changed to 1.61 miles again. Changed unit of measure to km again, resync and turn off, change to miles again and be fine ever since. Bit of a pain doing the above but worth it to have it working properly again. Good luck.

• Yea I had mine for 2 weeks now and it started doing the same thing, since I only had it for 2 weeks and it is pretty much new and you had yours for 2 years and they both started doing the thing at almost the same time then I’m pretty sure it’s a software update that garmin messed up on. Also it started doing as soon as I updated the garmin connect app so it’s most likely a bad update.
  • This method that Garmin online chat support gave me worked for me, all done on the watch itself:

1. Change units to km

2. Power off the watch, then restart it

3. Change units back to miles

My watch is back to showing 1 mile splits in auto lap, no more 1.61 mile laps.

• Owned my FR25 for several years.  Sunday, 10/20/19  -  updated Garmin Express and synchronized watch.  Monday, ran 7+ miles and noticed watch was recording 1.61 mile laps.  Followed steps from Garmin in jefflupin's post above.  Today, Tuesday, 10/22/19 ran 5K and watch recorded first mile correctly, then .6 mile, then one mile, then .5 mile.  Any additional advice about how to get this corrected.  Very frustrating!!!

• Follow the steps in my post above. Mines working absolutely fine now but it was very annoying!!