This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Forerunner Corrupted .FIT files

I have a Garmin Forerunner 10 from 2013. After not using it for a few years, I've been using it regularly this year. It needs to be charged before each run or the battery will die. Every few weeks, when I plug it in to my computer to transfer my run data, something happens and the .FIT files become corrupted or completely disappear. I currently have two .FIT files that can not be synced. The error message states "unsupported file type." I tried to open them with GPXSee, but it returns the error "Error loading data file. Premature end of data." When I look at these two activities on my watch, the summary is still there, but the time for each mile is gone.

Is there anything I can do to try and fix or view the data in the .FIT file? Or anyone who can help me try to salvage the data? Is this watch just too old to be reliable anymore? 

97LI0826.zip

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

without the file, no solution Slight smile

check if you can repair your files with help of FitFileRepairTool

or

with your consent we can have a look at your files with FitFileRepairTool

zip the fit files and upload here in the forum, or provide a link to it on a cloud storage

Is this watch just too old to be reliable anymore? 

You answered this yourself. What are the positive sides of your FR10 now.

happy & safe sporting

• Thank you for the response. I have added a zip file of the two .FIT files in my original post. I downloaded FitFileRepairTool myself. I do not know how to fix the files? The file from 7/22/2019 only shows 1 minute of a 58 minute run, but the file from 7/21/2019 has about half of it there.

I've been slowly getting back into shape after a hiatus and I told myself I wouldn't buy a new watch until I started seriously training for something. As long as my activities don't get lost, this watch meets my needs. I try to upload my data every time I run so that I limit how much could potentially get lost (I've lost data maybe 3-4 times in half a year?).I suppose I should at least research what I want to upgrade to when I'm ready.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to cassandraann1

I suppose I should at least research what I want to upgrade to when I'm ready.

you are right about the research...just take the time, go to a shop and also wear them

sorry for the files but that is all there is left over from your activities

recordings ended abruptly

is there enough free space on the FR10 ?

cassandraann1-kaput-97LI0826-fixed.zip

cassandraann1-kaput-97M90824-fixed.zip

happy & safe sporting