This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 35 won't stop vibrating!

My Forerunner 35 randomly (while I was laying down) started vibrating and won't stop. I've tried turning it off and then on (still doing it), restoring it to factory settings (still doing it), and a hard reset. Nothing has stopped it other than leaving it off. When I turn it back on, it immediately begins again. I've never had a problem with it before and would very much like to not have to resort to an old watch for runs this weekend. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• My Forerunner 35 started doing the same thing around 5AM while I was sleeping...it constantly vibrates while its powered on...I tried resetting all the setting but to no available luck. Its no bueno any more. I'm thinking about jumping ship to the Fit Versa...had this watch less than a year...

• Hi,

I had the same problem too last week. First nothing helped. I figured out that if you do a hard reset (see documentation) the device still vibrates continuously after restart but asks for having a current time using GPS. If you go outside with the vibrating watch wait approximately 2-3 Minutes it will stop vibrating if it has catch the first time stamp from GPS. For me it seems that there is a firmware bug that runs out in a continuously loop if the watch is entering a time based function for e.g. a wake up routine while vibrating function is on. For me the said “solution” has worked out. 

Good luck!

Sascha

• Mine started vibrating non-stop this morning (10/3/19) about an hour after a run. I tried the hard reset, but that didn't solve anything. Only way to stop it is to turn it off...anyone find a way to fix this? 

• I had the same issue a couple of months ago. I didn’t find a solution. Garmin was nice though and sent me a replacement. I think it’s a bug that they have been having a lot.

• Went swimming with mine, within specs as I understood from the manuel. Now mine will not stop vibrating at all. 

• I too also have this problem with my forerunner. Did garmin ever tell anyone how to fix the problem as it's made my watch unwearable & I loved this watch. I let it go flat thinking it would fix it however no such luck, it started vibrating as soon as it was back on. Nothing seems to fix it 

• I had the same problem with my Forerunner 35, I did not find any way to fix it...! I contacted Garmin and they replaced my watch for $50.00, since my one-year warranty was over, and that was my best way to fix the problem.!

• After a sea swim I noticed, that the battery drains out for a day, but did not noticed the vibration, so on the next day I went in the sea again and after a half hour swim the watch started to vibrate non-stop. I tried hard reset and manual time set - it did not work for me.

But:

I left it on a sun lit table, then on charger for several days (it buzzes very annoyingly) and it finally started to work normally.

After a week I even recorded a run and two long hikes in the hot sun, and then made the silly mistake to went to a hot swimming pool with it and then the screen got blank :( The watch does not vibrate, but nevertheless is not working now - it shows in Garmin Express and in Windows Explorer when connected, but the screen is still blank.

• Nope, I called Garmin and they gave me a new one.

• I was able to fix my wifes when it started doing this.  This was the only way I can find to stop the vibrating.  I used a spudging tool to take off the front screen there is a tutorial on YouTube for how to take the screen off the front, once I had it open I noticed that it had some moisture in there so I let it dry out completely for about a day.  After that it still would not stop vibrating so I decided to get medieval on it.  I took the board out using the three small torx screws, on the back side of the board you will see the vibration motor it is basically just held on by a small amount of adhesive with two soldered tabs giving it current.  You can take the spudging tool and gently pry up on it and then rock it back and forth to break the soldered connections and thus free the vibration motor.  It cannot vibrate if it doesn't have the vibration motor, since the leads are disconnected there's nothing that can really short circuit.  Once that was done I put the screws back down to hold the board in place and used a little bit of silicone around the edge of the case to seal the screen back in place so that it wouldn't get water in it and happen again.  Then I drank a beer