This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dead, screen blank, won't charge

I've had the forerunner 35 for a year and it has suddenly stopped working. I was swimming with it and noticed it was suddenly asking for GPS to set the time. When I got out of was working but then went blank. After a few attempts it turned on. But then went blank again 30mins later. Tried cleaning the charging bits.
tried pressing on as you plug into charge
1/5 times doing this the screen displays 'garmin' but then goes blank again. No light. Won't turn on. Help! Anyone know what to do?
  • When You get a New One Don't Wet It. It Will Last 4Ever. Fr35 Is not Really Waterproof.

Clean With a Cloth Damp with Alcohol

• have you tried to press the running button and the return button at the same time 

• have you tried to turn on the running button and the return button at the same time 

• My Forerunner 30 watch stopped working on Sunday afternoon during a bicycle ride. The screen was totally frozen. I've tried a soft restart and then a hard reset, nothing worked. Each time I'm stuck on the Garmin screen with the triangle. I've tried pressing the 2 right hand buttons at the same time and then pressing the power button, nothing changed. Is the watch definitely dead or could I try something to save it? Thanks a lot!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to 9295589

solved

• Yes, unfortunately I tried it already

• Update: I'm always stuck on the Garmin boot screen except if I unplug the watch from the USB cable and I let the battery die. At that moment, if the battery is completely empty, if I connect again the watch to the PC via the USB cable, the watch restart but in any case when I remove the USB cable the watch freezes again just after a period of time of 15 seconds - 1 minute :(

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to 9295589

solved

• Yes it does show as a USB drive.

I had in mind that it could be an issue with too much activity files, so I removed all of them but it had no effect.

I just tried what you suggested but the watch still freezes less than 1 minute after the disconnection from the PC Disappointed

Thanks anyway!

• Yes it does show as a USB drive.

I had in mind that it could be an issue with too much activity files, so I removed all of them but it had no effect.

I just tried what you suggested but the watch still freezes less than 1 minute after the disconnection from the PC Disappointed

Thanks anyway!

Question: Is there a way to force the application of the last firmware (2.40) just to be sure that the issue is not due to a corrupted firmware? Of course, when I start Garmin Express on my PC and try to synchronize, it tells me that the watch has already the lastest firmware.