This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

A few issues with new Forerunner 30

Hi, I have some issues with FR 30. I have read the whole manual but found no solution. I have gone through this forum but found only one issue discussed.

1) Pace in min/m instead of min/km - discussed here with no result (firmware update needed)
2) Notifications didn't work. Bluetooth was on, applications for notification were chosen but nor e-mail (K9 mail) nor SMS messages were announced or displayed. I have ticked "ON" in "phone notification" and I have chosen "During activity".
3) How to set "Playing Audio Prompts During Your Activity"? The manual ends with: Mobile App -> "Select Activity Options > Audio Prompts. -> Select an option. , but there is no field where to input the desired limit value. Or how it works?

So if you guys have some tips that would be great. Thanks!
  • Hi, I contacted Garmin support because of the min/km vs. min/mile issue. Their first reply was that:

"The issue you are referring to is something that we are aware of and are working hard towards a resolution, however, we do not have a time frame for this to be completed as yet.
    I have added you to the relevant case so that you can be notified once the issue has been resolved. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause."

Perfect. :-/ The problem lasts half a year and they "Do not have a time frame for this" ) apart from it must be pretty easy to correct it.

The second reply was:
    "We do advise resetting the device and removing and re connecting the device to your phone as a troubleshooting, please see the following steps:

- Reset the device to default settings
    - Remove the device from the Garmin Connect app (Click More, Garmin devices - swipe to delete),
    - Remove the Garmin Connect app from the phone.
    - Turn Bluetooth off on the phone (within the mobile phone settings)
    - Turn the phone off and then turn the phone back on
    - Turn Bluetooth back on, re install the app from the app/play store and attempt to re pair.
    - Test to see if the metrics is still an issue on the device."

Haha, restarting my phone will solve their bug? Nevertheles, I tried it and it was totally useless as I expected.

BTW: Years ago I hade Forerunner 910XT that worked perfectly until an FW update. The update totally destroyed current pace and even when hundreds of users ask for the fix it never happened. And it was a top model in that time. But the newer model was on the way so way to care about this one? So I am a little pesimistic. :-/
  • Notifications didn't work. Bluetooth was on, applications for notification were chosen but nor e-mail (K9 mail) nor SMS messages were announced or displayed. I have ticked "ON" in "phone notification" and I have chosen "During activity"

Suffering same issue.  Still no solutions? It sucks big time. Got my runner 35 today