This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery calibration?

Since the beginning of using the forerunner 35 I have noticed that the first stripe of the battery logo in the screen goes down in about twelve hours. The second one in about two days later.
I have never got the watch to the point where it is empty because doing so damages the battery.
But being so inconsistently I can't know how full or empty the battery is.
My questions are:

Am I the only one who has this problem

Is there a way to let the battery indicator show a more consistent way of the battery getting empty?
  • Peter,

I know your post is a little aged at this point... How has this worked out for you?..

I just got my FR35 last week. I'm 6.5 days in, and I still have 2 of the 4 bars of battery left.. This is with three 25 minute GPS recording sessions. I am impressed.

I had a similar experience after my initial charge that the first bar disappeared surprisingly quickly.
  • The battery life is still the best. Using the watch in the gym for one and a have hour and one or two times running with GPS. I easely get one full week of battery life.

So I am not really bothered anymore with the first bar being gone so quick
  • Thanks for the update, Peter. I've had my FR35 for a month plus now.. I have been AMAZED by its battery life. After my 2nd charge, I got 13.5 days of battery life!! Well above the stated 9 days. That's including 1.5 hours of GPS run-tracking per week, too. I might have been able to break 14 days, but I had a run the following morning, but given the 0 of 4 bars of battery, I charged up instead...

I have observed the same phenomenon that you mentioned: The first bar disappears very quickly. Oh well. C'est la vie.
  • Dont worry about the battery going flat - it wont be damaged. The battery isn't a NiCad but something more modern ( and safe) with no memory effect.